What should I do if your pet has lost a voice?
All pets, like their owners, are distinguished not only by gender, breed or weight, but also by character. Character is exactly what distinguishes any living creature from among the gray and monotonous mass, making it a unique and interesting creation.
There are talkative cats or cats that willingly meow practically for every action of their master, but there are silence from which you can’t entice an extra sound. Dogs, as a rule, are more noisy and "talkative", probably due to their protective purpose, which is inherent in them by nature.
But sometimes it happens that the once sociable and noisy animal suddenly becomes quiet and silent, as if the tongue is swallowed. Naturally, any caring owner will instantly sound the alarm, because this is a bright sign of some kind of indisposition that needs to be corrected. Of course, for starters, you need to watch the animals carefully: if your pet is silent for only a day, who knows, maybe he just wanted to!
The mood of animals, like people, sometimes changes in different directions.If you understand that something is wrong with your pet, then it’s time to take action. For example, if it is a cat, is it trying to meow, but instead only an incomprehensible wheeze or just emptiness comes out of the throat instead? Instead of barking, a dog may get an incomprehensible wheeze, shortness of breath or a plaintive whistle - all these are signs that your animal needs your help.
Why did it happen so?
What to do if your cat or dog has lost voice? Unfortunately, you will not find an unequivocal answer to this question, first of all you need to figure out why this happened. There are a number of factors and even serious diseases that can provoke such an unpleasant symptom for your pet. After all, for him the lack of voice is a real shock with which he needs to be helped to cope.
- The most common cause of the disappearance of the voice in an animal is damage to the larynx, esophagus or upper respiratory tract by any foreign objects. Nothing surprising, because animals, like children, all taste and can easily harm themselves with a sharp bone from fish or chicken, a knot from a wooden stick, a piece of wire, or even a spare part from a toy.
- Sometimes an animal loses its voice due to lack of water.Remember that your pet should always have free access to a container with clean and fresh water.
- Sometimes the disappearance of the voice in an animal is one of the symptoms of the disease. For example, otitis media, which is usually accompanied by inflammation of the ear.
- A common cold or more serious viral illness can also cause voice loss. Naturally, in this case, the sick animal should show other symptoms of the disease: for example, drowsiness, weakness, cough, fever, and so on. Typically, colds, like people, are accompanied by swelling of the larynx, where mucus accumulates and makes it difficult for the animal to make sounds.
- Sometimes pets lose their voices if they are in a room with strong odors for a long time, for example, the smell of cigarettes, solvents, varnishes or paint.
- Sometimes it is difficult for an animal to make any sounds if it is weakened by the action of anesthesia.
In addition to the above reasons, the lack of voice can be triggered by other, even more serious diseases, which can be treated on your own - in no case, if you value the health of your pet.An experienced veterinarian will be able to establish the true cause of the problem, as well as prescribe the appropriate treatment.
How to treat an animal?
As we have said, self-treatment of such a problem is not always the best option. Watch your pet, if you notice any additional symptoms or you see that no improvement does not occur within a few days, then be sure to contact a veterinary clinic. And yet, before such drastic measures, you can do something.
- Ventilate the room often, monitor the presence and purity of water in your pet's bowl.
- With ventilation, do not get carried away too much, who knows, maybe it was the draft that caused the disease, and carefully examine the animal for other symptoms.
- Try to examine the larynx of the animal, if you find any mechanical damage and inflammation, then, in order not to injure the tissue any more, try to fix it in a comfortable position and show it to the vet.
- Sometimes, in case of swelling of the throat, antihistamines help, for example, Suprastin, Claritin. Naturally, you need to use them depending on the weight of your pet.
- If this is a cold, then first of all, it is necessary to treat her, just so you can return the voice to your pet.
Get over it girls: not everyone will get the princes with money
What does the former husband dream about - dream interpretations according to the dream book
Wine bottle decor for festive table decoration
Kevin Spacey Comes Out
Useful properties of oil needles
Than to seal a hole in the slate
Incredibly delicious chicken ventricle snack