What if plastic windows sweat a lot?
Many people face the problem of fogging of plastic windows, but not everyone knows why it arises. Find out the causes of condensation and start to get rid of it.
How does condensate appear?
Fogging of windows is, in fact, the formation of condensate, which is a small droplet on the glass. Condensation occurs due to an increased level of humidity or a significant difference in temperature inside and outside the room.
A few decades ago, people did not encounter such a problem, since most of the houses had wooden windows with split doors. And it was just such a design that protected from condensation: a significant distance between the glasses made it possible to neutralize the temperature difference, keeping heat inside and not letting cold outside. In addition, wood is a porous and, accordingly, “breathing” material that lets air through and absorbs moisture, which also helped to neutralize condensation.
Description of the problem
The problem can manifest itself in different ways:
- The windows begin to sweat in the fall and in the winter, in the warm season the condensate disappears.
- Fogging is observed exclusively in the kitchen.
- Condensate is observed in the morning, and approximately to dinner disappears.
- Plastic windows sweat only in one room, in the rest everything is in order.
Usually when misting windows, wiping the glass does not give the desired effect, and after a while the condensate appears again. Drops can flow over the surface of the double-glazed window, leaving puddles on the windowsill. In addition, the humidity in the room will be increased.
Why do plastic windows mist up?
Why do plastic windows sweat? The problem is quite common, and the reasons for its occurrence can be very different:
- Installed the most inexpensive single-chamber windows. The design has only one air chamber (the space between the glasses), and it does not protect against the penetration of cold into the room, due to which there is a large temperature difference and its sharp drop when cooling outside.
- Poor-quality accessories will break the tightness of glass.
- Failure or poor quality of the seals between the frame and the profile.The window in this case does not close completely, and through the cracks penetrates the cold.
- Errors in the installation of plastic windows, which could lead to the formation of gaps between the aperture and the profile: cold will penetrate the room through the holes. In addition, installation personnel could damage the glass unit and break its tightness.
- Increased humidity in the room. Its level may increase due to constantly drying laundry, numerous plants, placed on the premises of water tanks or its sources.
- Lack of full ventilation in the room. Assess the condition and function of the vents and consider whether you are airing enough.
- Not implemented transfer of glass for winter mode. The windows in the summer mode do not provide adequate thermal insulation in the cold season.
- Wide window sill. It will fully cover the batteries located beneath it and block the access of heat to the windows. Accordingly, the lower parts of the windows will not be heated enough, which will lead to condensation. In addition, the spread of heat can disrupt the screen mounted on the radiator.
- Recently completed repair.Most repairs involve the use of liquid formulations that will evaporate for some time, increasing the humidity in the room.
- Defective or damaged windows. If the window is sweating from the inside, that is, between the glasses, and not from the outside, then, most likely, the tightness is broken, which is a prerequisite for normal functioning.
- Insufficiently insulated and insulated slopes, through which heat comes out and cold outside penetrates.
How to solve a problem?
What to do to stop the windows to sweat? The solution to the problem will depend on the reasons for its occurrence and may suggest the following actions:
- If the windows are not installed correctly, contact the installer and report the problem. Employees are obliged to come and eliminate the blunders that have been committed, and this service should be free of charge.
- It is desirable to replace single-chamber double-glazed windows with higher quality ones and having better thermal insulation with two- or three-chambers.
- Poor quality fittings must be replaced, as well as broken or severely damaged valve seals.
- Numerous plants standing on the windowsill, especially abundantly watered and having succulent fleshy leaves, it is better to remove to other places.
- If the humidity in the room is high, reduce it: do not dry the laundry here, remove the containers with water, turn on the heaters (they dry the air well).
- If the problem is in the slopes, then ensure their high-quality and correct thermal insulation. In addition, it is important to choose a suitable and good insulation.
- After a significant decrease in temperature, all windows should be transferred to winter mode so that they protect the interior from cold.
- The battery must be open so that the heat generated by it evenly warms up the windows. Wide window sill is desirable to shorten. Remove the screen covering the radiator.
- To ensure normal air circulation and proper ventilation, clean or replace the ventilation grilles if they are faulty. You should also regularly ventilate all the rooms in the apartment, and it is advisable to do it twice a day.
- In the kitchen, which often prepares food (and this inevitably increases the level of humidity and increases the temperature difference), install the hood.More often, open the doors and leave them in the micro-ventilation position.
To avoid condensation, follow a few simple rules. First, keep an eye on the microclimate in the room: humidity, temperature. Secondly, follow the recommendations regarding the proper operation of plastic windows. Thirdly, make sure that the glass packs and accessories are in good condition and promptly fix any problems that occur.
If the plastic windows sweat a lot, this may be due to various reasons. And they should be clarified and eliminated in order to forget about the problem.
Cindy Crawford dances like a robot
Bookmark with Ladybug Embroidery
In the calendar 2017 Pirelli incredible star composition
The rules of royal etiquette that Megan Markl will have to accept
Shamballa bracelet - original decoration
Simple power supply with adjustable voltage