What tasty can be cooked from an unusual sea buckthorn?
Sea buckthorn is familiar to some only by hearsay, but this berry is incredibly useful. And if you know what to cook from it, you can enjoy not only the benefits of the dishes, but also their taste.
What is this berry?
Sea buckthorn is a genus of plants from the Loch family. Sea buckthorn looks like a shrub or a small tree with long green leaves. The bush is covered with bright orange berries (for this plant it got its name).
The berries are small in size (not more than 0.5-1 centimeters) and have a bright orange hue. The taste of sea buckthorn is sweet and sour, but its flavor is very unusual, as it resembles pineapple. This berry is very, very useful, so be sure to find out what you can cook out of it.
How to choose?
To get tasty dishes, responsibly go to the choice of sea buckthorn. Pay attention to the following points:
- Remember that the fruits ripen by the end of August, so if you offer them on the market in the summer, it is likely that the plant was fertilized by chemists to accelerate growth.
- Fruits should be bright orange.There should be no stains or damage on their surface.
- Berries should be dense. Soft and overripe fruits contain much less nutrients.
- Most often sold whole branches, studded with sea buckthorn. This should not scare you away, because tearing one berry is not easy, and the cut of branches is good for the shrub.
What to cook?
What tasty cooked sea buckthorn? There are many different recipes, we offer you a few.
The recipe is the first
Prepare a delicious and healthy drink to strengthen the immune system - sea buckthorn juice. You will need:
- 500 ml of boiled water;
- 2-3 tablespoons of honey;
- 2 cups fresh sea buckthorn berries.
- It is very simple to prepare juice according to this recipe, since you do not need to cook anything. As a result, you get a delicious, fresh and healthy drink. First, rinse the sea buckthorn berries well.
- Immerse them in a blender and grind.
- The resulting berry puree thoroughly squeeze through cheesecloth.
- Add water and honey to the berry juice, mix everything thoroughly to dissolve the honey.
- Eat this drink immediately after preparation, it is not recommended to store it.
Sea buckthorn jam is very tasty. To make it you need:
- 1 kg of sea-buckthorn;
- 1.5 kg of sugar;
- 1 liter of water.
- Sea buckthorn berries wash well and dry.
- Pour water into the pan, add sugar. Put the pot on the fire and bring the mixture to a boil. Sugar should completely dissolve.
- Add berries (whole) to the syrup and cook the jam for about 20 minutes, then remove the pan from the heat, cover with a lid and leave for 3-4 hours.
- Bring the jam back to the boil again, and after 5 minutes, remove from heat and place on the jars.
Prepare liquid jam from the sea-buckthorn berries, similar to syrup. Ingredients:
- 1 kg of sea-buckthorn;
- 1-1,2 kg of sugar.
- Seabuckthorn berries are well washed and chopped with a blender or pass through a meat grinder.
- Squeeze the resulting berry puree with a colander or gauze.
- Pour juice into a saucepan, add sugar.
- Bring the juice to a boil, completely dissolve the sugar in it. Slowly cook the jam over a minute for a minute, then remove the pan from the stove.
- Pour the jam over the jars and close them.
From sea-buckthorn you can make an appetizing sauce with garlic, which is ideal for meat. Ingredients:
- 20 grams of sea buckthorn;
- 2-3 cloves of garlic;
- 1 tablespoon honey;
- 3 teaspoons of potato starch (can be replaced with flour);
- salt and black pepper to taste.
- Berries, first wash and dry well, then chop with a meat grinder or blender and squeeze through a sieve or cheesecloth.
- Peel and chop the garlic in a blender or using a garlic press.
- Add garlic puree, starch, pepper and salt to sea buckthorn juice.
- Put the container on the fire, bring the sauce to a boil, boil it for 3-5 minutes and remove from the fire.
- When the mixture has cooled slightly, add honey in it and mix everything well.
- Spicy sauce is ready! Serve it can be both hot and cold.
The fifth recipe
For dessert, you can make sea buckthorn jelly. To do this you will need:
- 1.5 cups fresh sea buckthorn berries;
- 1.5 tablespoons of gelatin;
- 5 glasses of water;
- 1 cup of sugar.
- To start, pour cold water on the gelatin to make it swell. Water will take a little, about a quarter or a third of a glass.
- While the gelatin swells, take a buckthorn. Wash it, dry it well, chop it in any convenient way (on a blender or using a meat grinder), and then squeeze through a sieve or gauze.
- Pour juice into the pan with water, add sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil, then add the swollen gelatin. Keep the container on fire until the gelatin is completely dissolved, then remove from the stove.
- Pour the liquid into containers and send to the refrigerator (first you need to cool the composition a little).
Cook thick sea buckthorn jam. Ingredients:
- 1 kg of sea-buckthorn;
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 1 liter of water;
- 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Sea buckthorn berries wash and dry so that they are completely dry.
- Grind fruits in a meat grinder or blender.
- The resulting berry puree squeeze through gauze, colander or sieve.
- Pour the juice into the pan, add sugar.
- Put the pot on the fire, bring the composition to a boil and cook for about half an hour until thick.
- At the end add lemon juice and turn off the heat.
- Let the jam stand and lay it on the cans.
The recipe for the seventh
Sea buckthorn compote will be tasty and healthy. You will need:
- 500 grams of sea buckthorn;
- 3 liters of water;
- 150-200 grams of sugar.
- Sea buckthorn berries wash and cover with cold water.
- Put the pot on the fire.Bring water to a boil. Cook the compote for 3-5 minutes only, so that the sea-buckthorn retains some of its useful properties.
- Remove the pan from the fire and wrap it in a blanket. Let the compote stand for several hours.
- Add sugar to the drink and place it well. If you add sugar to the ready and cooled compote, the taste will be more tender and pleasant.
Be sure to stock up on healthy sea buckthorn and cook delicious dishes out of it.
Characteristic of Virgo zodiac sign: what are the features of their character
What is useful exercise buttock bridge
How do shoes printed on a 3D printer look like?
Easter cake in a bread maker - simple and tasty recipes with photos step by step for models Panasonic, Moulinex, Redmond, Kenwood. A selection of the best recipes Easter cakes for the bread maker
Do not throw away the old cartridge - make it a bank
The best gift for a kid is a chocolate egg with a surprise
Karelia is a great place to relax
How to find out whether a man is married or not