Urticaria in adults and children - symptoms and treatment
Urticaria is a collection of ailments, which are characterized by the appearance of red blisters on the skin, the size of which reaches several centimeters. The disease is accompanied by itching, and when pressed, the skin lesions become pale. Let's take a closer look at how to treat urticaria in adults and children at home.
Types of urticaria in adults and children
At the beginning of the article I will consider varieties of urticaria that resemble chickenpox. Further, while remaining faithful to the subject, let's talk about the treatment of urticaria in adults and children at home.
- Acute urticaria.It is considered an extremely dangerous variant of the disease. If the rash appears in the larynx, breathing is difficult, which often leads to asphyxia. When symptoms appear, urgent medical care, prompt hospitalization and treatment with the use of drugs are needed.
- Chronic urticaria. Cause disruption of the digestive system, liver and kidneys that have helminthic invasions or infection. Often, a chronic form of urticaria appears during toxicosis during pregnancy. Accompanied by typical skin rashes, and treatment is complex and welcomes preventive measures.
- Thermal Urticaria. Causes exposure to high temperature on the skin of a person. Often it provokes strong physical exertion and stress. The disease is accompanied by the appearance of a rash on the skin of the hands and upper torso. Heat urticaria is accompanied by a headache along with diarrhea, and during treatment prescribed diet.
- Cold urticaria.Even with a slight hypothermia, people appear reddened and swollen skin, burning and itching. Exacerbation contributes to the combination of cold water with cool air. Even cold foods can cause swelling of the tongue and larynx, and everything ends with a faint. This type of urticaria appears on the background of other organic diseases.
- Pigment urticaria. Subspecies of mastocytosis, when on the skin and mucous membranes appear plaques of a yellowish hue with a diameter of up to five centimeters. The surface of the plaque resembles an orange peel.It is accompanied by the appearance of blisters and edema, and when extensive areas of the skin are affected, it is treated by surgical intervention of a cosmetological nature.
- Cholinergic urticaria. It manifests itself after a hot shower, severe sweating or unregulated physical exertion. Accompanied by the appearance on the skin of itchy blisters. Often, small rashes merge and increase. They appear on the upper limbs, neck, chest and face. This kind of urticaria appears against the background of thyroid gland diseases and diseases of the digestive tract.
- Recurrent urticaria. The development is facilitated by a prolonged allergic reaction. This type of disease is characterized by a wavy current, when the exacerbations alternate with damping. When the disease progresses, a person experiences nausea, headache, weakness, suffers from insomnia, bad mood and neurotic disorders.
Video from the transfer Live healthy
Only common types of urticaria are listed. Regardless of the type of disease, treatment should be comprehensive, timely and qualified.In addition to drug therapy, measures are being taken to eliminate the factors that provoke an allergic reaction. The patient is prescribed a diet and prescribe a number of preventive measures aimed at strengthening the immune system.
Symptoms and treatment of urticaria in adults
As practice shows, every third adult faces a urticaria at least once in their life. At first glance, the disease resembles a burn of nettle, which is characterized by a rash in the form of blisters of red color.
In adults, the disease is serious, and in some cases becomes chronic.
- A rash occurs quickly and is accompanied by blisters that appear all over the body and resemble a nettle burn or an insect bite. It is characterized by severe itching along with burning. Allergic rashes are symmetrical and large in size.
- A feature of the rash is the ability to stop after the next attack. The skin returns to its former state, and after the blisters no pigment spots or scars remain.
There are various causes of the disease - allergy to drugs, focal infection, diseases of the digestive tract, food allergies and heredity.
In most cases, the appearance of a skin inflammatory process is preceded by a failure of the immune system, as a result, the sensitivity to a high content of biologically active substances increases. This leads to an increase in the amount of histamine in the blood and a decrease in the ability of the human body to inactivate.
A major role in the appearance of urticaria is played by disturbances in the work of the nervous and vegetative systems. For this reason, the doctors examine the patient before starting the therapy, study the pathogenesis and take into account the genetic features. Otherwise, the fight against illness hurts health.
- Doctors concentrate on detecting an irritant that causes allergies. In most cases, this provocateur act drugs. If after taking the drug itching appeared, and the condition of the skin became restless, it should be abandoned.
- If the disease manifested itself after a meal, remove the allergen from the diet by exclusion. As practice shows, adult hives cause wine, chocolate, milk, beer, fish, peanuts and citrus fruits.
- If ultraviolet rays contribute to the occurrence of the disease, use a sunscreen. When the rash appears, a cream called Celestoderm will come to the rescue.It relieves itching and stops the inflammatory process.
- In the case of the acute form of urticaria, when an allergic reaction is caused by cold, insect bites or animal hair, antiallergic drugs are used, including Suprastin and Tavegil.
With proper and persistent therapy, the results will not keep you waiting, and the disease will recede. I recommend to be treated with the involvement of doctors.
Symptoms and treatment of urticaria in children
Urticaria is considered a common childhood disease of an allergic nature that affects the skin. Her symptoms are easily diagnosed even by her parents. Usually the disease bothers children up to the age of three. With the disease it is impossible to ski or to relax in the summer.
Symptoms in children
- Urticaria is accompanied by the appearance on the body of blisters of red or pink color, of various sizes and shapes. The rash is itchy. Baby scratches, which leads to an increase and merging of skin lesions.
- The rash is the skin’s response to an allergen in the body that triggers histamine production, which leads to thinning of the vascular walls.
- Excess fluid enters the skin, which causes swelling and moisture-filled blisters. The main thing is that the rash quickly and completely disappears from one place and appears in another.
In children, the disease is caused by various stimuli, which are contained in medicines, foodstuffs, perfumes and dyes. Often the appearance of the disease contribute to various infections, resins, insect bites, impurities in the air and physical stimuli, including dust, fluff and others.
How to treat hives in children
The treatment is carried out in several stages. First, the effect of the allergen is eliminated, then the body is cleansed, then medications are taken and the diet is observed.
- First, eliminate the factors that trigger the disease. If food allergy caused the disease, remove the pathogen from the child's body. To achieve the effect, use laxatives, plenty of drinks and cleansing enemas.
- Effective are antihistamines, eliminating the rash, reducing itching and alleviate the course of the disease. They are prescribed in the form of injections or tablets.
- It is recommended to take drugs at bedtime, especially if the illness caused insomnia in a baby. To eliminate itching, compresses are used on the basis of a composition consisting of a glass of water and a spoonful of vinegar.
- The diet supports the effect of the treatment and does not allow the irritant to seep into the body again. The duration of the diet is three weeks.
Urticaria in children is an interesting, important and informative topic. I was not able to fully consider it, since I am not a doctor, however, it became possible to write a fact-finding material.
The final part of the article is devoted to the diet and prevention of urticaria. With this disease, include in the diet steamed and boiled vegetables, kefir, cottage cheese and fruits that do not cause allergies. It does not hurt for a while to give up confectionery, canned products and salt. During rehabilitation, do not eat eggs, red peppers, apples, smoked foods, honey, cocoa, beets and seasonings.
During the treatment of blisters, do not use makeup, as it will aggravate the situation. When hives refuse hot baths and sunburn, because ultraviolet rays adversely affect the skin,especially in an irritated state. If the disease has manifested itself in the warm season, before leaving the house, apply sunscreen to your skin.
Prevent the appearance of acute urticaria impossible. But you can avoid the reappearance of the chronic form. To do this, timely treat diseases that contribute to the appearance of urticaria, regularly undergo examination, refuse from cigarettes, alcohol and narcotic substances.
Avoid overheating, overcooling, tight clothes and stressful situations, carefully handle cosmetics and household chemicals, and take medications under the supervision of doctors.
For chronic urticaria, keep a first aid kit and a list of factors that provoke the disease. These measures will not get rid of the rash, but will help control itching and maintain social activity.
I hope the material has become a source of useful and interesting information for you.
Recipe for a Hot Salad of Liver and Brussels Sprouts
How to get rid of spring avitaminosis
Characteristic of Virgo zodiac sign: what are the features of their character
When the body asks for help: 15 important signals