The pros and cons of a protein diet
If you want to get rid of excess weight and make your body prominent and beautiful, try a protein diet. But first find out how to properly comply with it.
What is this diet?
Protein diet is becoming more and more popular, many have already appreciated its worth, especially those who can not live without meat. It involves the predominance of protein foods and the restriction of carbohydrate intake. According to many scientists and nutritionists, this way of eating allows the body to begin to expend its own fat reserves, and this contributes to weight loss.
The body takes energy from carbohydrates, and if they do not have time to be spent, they are deposited “in stock”, and this is how fatty deposits are formed, localized on the abdomen, thighs and other problem areas. But if you restrict the flow of carbohydrates, then those that already exist will start to be spent. And proteins are a kind of building material used to form muscle and other tissues.
According to the developers and those who have already tried the diet on themselves, in just a week you can lose from 3 to 5 kilograms of weight, the exact figures will depend on the initial weight, as well as on the lifestyle and characteristics of the human body.
Who is suitable?
Protein diet is suitable for those who can not imagine their diet without meat, and also lives an active life and moves a lot. Protein and other foods in the diet provide the body with energy and nutrients, so it will not be under severe stress, which will prevent the likelihood of exhaustion.
To whom is the diet contraindicated?
Protein diet has contraindications, these include periods of lactation and pregnancy, as well as chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, kidneys and liver, such as an ulcer or gastritis, liver or kidney failure, kidney stones and others.
In addition, the diet in question is not suitable for older people and adolescents (the former have a slower metabolism, and the latter have an increased need for minerals, trace elements and vitamins). In any case, you should consult with your doctor before starting the period of adherence to the diet.
Advantages and disadvantages
Each diet has its own characteristics, and protein - no exception. First, you should list the advantages:
- The diet is quite diverse, so that an acute nutritional deficiency will not occur.
- Diet, although it assumes a restriction in the consumption of many products (and some will have to be abandoned) and reduced portions, but still can not be called strict. A strong sense of hunger will not arise.
- Effect. It is noticeable and pronounced, because in a week you can lose up to five kilograms of weight, and this reduction is significant.
- If you leave the diet correctly and continue to follow the principles of dietary nutrition, then the lost weight will not return, that is, the results will be maintained for an extended period of time.
- You will not experience a breakdown, as the menu will provide the intake of protein in the body, and it is necessary for the proper operation of muscles and the formation of almost all tissues of the body.
Disadvantages of the protein diet:
- Such a diet, namely, a reduction in the amount of foods rich in fiber, can provoke some problems in the digestive tract, in particular constipation. So it is important to follow the chair.
- Such a diet can be called quite expensive, because all the products included in the menu are not cheap. And for many, this minus is considered essential.
- Processing large amounts of protein is associated with a large load on the kidneys, so that with a long-term diet, problems may arise in their functioning.
How to comply?
It is quite simple to follow a diet, but it is worth remembering that it is designed for a maximum of a month, as with its longer observance, the body, firstly, may begin to experience a shortage of certain substances, and secondly, it will change over to the new regime and store all , that arrives. That is, the effect will fade away or, as they say, “the weight will rise” and stop falling. And it is better to shorten the duration to two weeks. In addition, you can repeat the diet no more than two or three times a year, this will be enough.
What products are allowed? All protein, which include low-fat fish and meat, chicken eggs, low-fat dairy products (especially cottage cheese), seafood. Also the list of permitted products includes tofu cheese.
As for the banned products, they include almost all carbohydrate and fatty ones: legumes,sweet berries and fruits, starchy vegetables (potatoes), sweets, flour, fatty meat or fish, fat, butter, as well as smoked, salted, convenience foods and fast food.
Sample menu for the day:
- Breakfast: omelette of protein (you can add spinach).
- The second breakfast: boiled on skim milk oatmeal.
- Lunch: veal soup with non-starchy vegetables.
- Lunch: a portion of low-fat cottage cheese, one apple (can be baked).
- Dinner: 150 grams of boiled breast, vegetable salad (you can add a small amount of vegetable oil).
- At night it is allowed to drink a glass of kefir.
The menu for the week might look something like this:
- Monday: for breakfast, eat a piece of low-fat cheese with bread, for the second breakfast two boiled eggs, for lunch, soup with cod and vegetables, for dinner, boiled beef and vegetables.
- Tuesday: breakfast can consist of boiled oatmeal porridge, the second breakfast - from cottage cheese with berries, lunch - from chicken broth, boiled chicken and ragout, afternoon snack - from an apple or other fruit, and dinner - from steamed fish with vegetables.
- Wednesday: breakfast is a cottage cheese casserole with apples, a second breakfast - an omelet, lunch - vegetable soup with veal, a snack - berries, dinner - a turkey with vegetables.
- Thursday: breakfast consists of an omelet with tomatoes, lunch - from cottage cheese, lunch - from beef with buckwheat, snack - from baked apple, and dinner - from baked fish and cucumber.
- Friday: breakfast - two boiled eggs, lunch - an apple baked with cinnamon, lunch - stewed cabbage with meat, afternoon tea - cottage cheese, dinner - fish (trout, cod) baked in a foil with spices.
- Saturday: for breakfast, eat cheese with a piece of hard black bread, for lunch - an apple and avocado, for lunch - asparagus with baked pink salmon, for an afternoon snack - omelette, for dinner - chicken breast with tomato.
- Sunday: breakfast consists of an apple and cottage cheese casserole with vanilla, lunch is from boiled eggs, lunch is from boiled beef and stewed vegetables, afternoon tea from berries, dinner is from turkey and cucumber.
A few tips that will make a protein diet even more useful for losing weight:
- Do not forget about the correct drinking regime: you need to drink at least one and a half to two liters of water a day, and still and non-carbonated. Part of the total volume of liquid can be replaced with herbal teas.
- To speed up the process and improve the results, you can additionally play sports, especially the protein will provide a full workout of the muscles and allow you to make the body more prominent and fit.But you should not overdo it, intense loads can provoke exhaustion.
- If you are going to follow a diet for more than two weeks, then it is advisable to take a complex vitamin preparation to avoid a shortage of beneficial substances.
Follow the protein diet correctly to lose weight without harm to health!
Is it possible to have sex during menstruation
How to make a real friendship out of sex
Carnival Cylinder Hat
The main trends of autumn manicure - 2018
Salting of white mushrooms for the winter, recipes for salted mushrooms
How to make kinetic sand yourself