The main causes of acne in hair
Acne can spoil the appearance and literally drive you crazy. And what if they appear in the hair? Is it possible to solve this problem? Of course, you can, if you find out the reasons for its occurrence and choose the right tactics.
What it is?
Acne on the head looks like the most common, appearing on other parts of the body. They are red tubercles with white heads.
In general, acne - this concept is quite extensive, covering several problems at once. Most often there are the following types of them:
- Acne This problem is considered the most common. As they are called simple language, acne is a blocked and inflamed sebaceous glands responsible for producing skin secretion. Usually they look like small black or gray dots, but during inflammation they can turn red and fill with pus.
- A comedo is a kind of cyst, which is formed by blockage and inflammation of the mouth of the hair follicle.Such an education looks like a common pimple, but its distinguishing feature is that it is located at the base of the hair, that is, above the bulb.
- The furuncle is an acute purulent inflammation of the hair follicle, sebaceous gland, and surrounding tissues. It is impossible to name such an ordinary acne, and it is impossible to confuse it with comedo and acne, because the boil has impressive dimensions, causes discomfort, causes pain and a number of other unpleasant symptoms, up to an increase in body temperature.
The causes of acne in hair can be very diverse:
- In women, this problem may be due to hormonal disruptions. Since it is hormones that are partially responsible for the work of the sebaceous glands, then when their number changes, the production of skin secretions can increase significantly.
- The furuncle is a consequence of damage to the skin and penetration of pathogens through it. On the head, such formations often appear in men who shave with a typewriter or a razor.
- Reduced immunity. It would seem that there is absolutely no connection between the work of the immune system and acne.In fact, it is. The fact is that the skin is damaged quite often, but many microtraumas go unnoticed. Meanwhile, bacteria easily penetrate through them. If the immunity is strong, then he copes with such attacks. If not, then purulent inflammations occur.
- Incorrect food. The food we eat can also cause some changes in the work of the sebaceous glands. Especially harmful are sharp products, fast food, fatty, smoked, fried, sweet.
- Hereditary factor. For example, if the skin is oily by nature, and it is such in your immediate family, then acne is sure to bother you all.
- Stress. As you know, "all diseases of the nerves." And skin problems are no exception. Nervous overstrain can cause disturbances in the sebaceous glands, as well as the immune system, resulting in acne.
- The cause of the appearance of red dots may also be an allergic reaction, for example, to shampoo or hairspray.
- Non-compliance with personal hygiene. For example, if you wash your head too seldom or carelessly, then dead skin particles, as well as dust particles, can clog pores and provoke blockage of sebaceous glands.
- Poor quality water used when washing water.Some of its components can settle on the surface of the scalp and also clog pores. The result will be comedones or acne.
- Damage to the hair follicles, for example, due to too aggressive combing or because of tight hair (tails, African braids and so on). In this case, as a result of injury, inflammation may begin.
- Some diseases accompanied by metabolic disorders.
If you are worried about acne on the head, you should visit a dermatologist. He will determine the type of education and give a few recommendations. But to find the causes of problems, you need to undergo a complete examination.
What to do if there are acne on the head in the hair? In general, the treatment should be prescribed by a doctor, and it will depend on the causes of the inflammation. So, if there is a hormonal failure, then a specialist will recommend taking hormonal drugs. If immunity is reduced, the doctor must decide on the appointment of immunomodulators or other means and procedures that contribute to the normalization of the immune system.
The following measures can be taken independently:
- Disinfect your scalp regularly.To do this, you can use antiseptics such as alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, "Miramistin", "Chlorhexidine" and so on. Treat each inflamed area several times a day.
- It is possible to lubricate acne with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory gels or ointments, such as “Levomekol”, “Ihtiol ointment”, “Viniline”, “Salicylic ointment”, “Akriderm”, “Drapolen” and so on.
- If acne occurs frequently, then try to re-evaluate your diet. Discard the fried, fatty, spicy, fast food, limit the consumption of sweet. Try to eat more fruits and vegetables, cook all dishes in the oven or steamed.
- Follow the rules of personal hygiene. To wash the head should be at least two or three times a week. It is important to thoroughly wash the shampoo from the hair and scalp, as well as use clean water for rinsing. Suitable mineral, purified bottled or filtered.
- Try changing the shampoo to a higher quality and natural. Perhaps it is he who causes acne.
- If you have chronic diseases, then do everything to avoid their worsening.
- Try to keep a calm lifestyle, do not be nervous.
- Use hairbrushes with teeth, rounded off at the ends, and discard tight haircuts.
- Get rid of acne can help some folk remedies. For example, tar soap, which can be used as a solution for treating the scalp, has proven itself well. You can also try using apple cider vinegar. Simply dilute it with water (proportions should be equal) and use for rinsing after each shampooing. Make a mask by mixing two tablespoons of honey and a teaspoon of cinnamon. Apply the mass on the scalp for half an hour, then rinse with warm water. Very effective decoctions of medicinal plants, for example, calendula or chamomile. You can also lubricate acne tea tree oil, it has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
Do not try to squeeze a pimple, especially if it is big and very inflamed. This can lead to damage to nearby tissues and the ingress of pathogens into them. As a result, furunculosis will develop. But the consequences can be more serious, up to sepsis.
Let acne on your head never bother you. But even if you encounter such a problem, now you can definitely solve it.
Recipe for a Hot Salad of Liver and Brussels Sprouts
100 Watt light with your own hands
Elizabeth Hurley admitted that the 15-year-old son makes beach photos of her
Carefully, colleagues: what infuriates us most in the office
Is it possible to have sex during menstruation
DIY hand-made fish for kindergarten
Simple power supply with adjustable voltage