The healing properties of cloudberry
Cloudberries are an amazing wild berry that has many valuable properties. Find out where it grows and how it can be used.
Description of the berry
Cloudberry belongs to semi-handicraft or herbaceous plants of the Pink family. The stalks are thin and erect, do not exceed thirty centimeters in length and have several small leaves. And at the very end of the stem you can see a white flower. Interestingly, cloudberries belong to dioecious plants, so that its "male" and "female" flowers grow separately.
What does cloudberry look like? In appearance, it resembles a medium-sized raspberry, but differs from it in hue. Another unusual property of such a berry is a change in color. So, while the cloudberries are ripening, it is red, and after maturation it becomes bright orange.
Where does this amazing berry grow? You can meet her in the northern regions, and especially the favorite places are swampy areas, peat bogs, moss tundra. But if you try, you can find cloudberries in the forests of central Russia, as well as in the Far East, in Belarus.
Northern cloudberry has an incredibly rich and amazing composition, which includes cellulose, various organic acids, phytoncides, pectins, carbohydrates and proteins, anthocyanins, cobalt, iron, sodium, chromium, phosphorus, copper, potassium, thiamine, calcium, vitamins C, PP , groups B, A and other valuable substances.
Benefits of berries
The beneficial properties of cloudberry berries are unique and quite numerous:
- The high content of vitamin A causes such a bright color of cloudberries and its benefits. This component restores the normal structure and improves the condition of the mucous membranes and skin.
- The composition includes vitamin C, and in significant quantities. It is known that ascorbic acid is very useful for immunity and contributes to its improvement. In addition, it helps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels and prevents their stretching.
- Since the berry contains no more than 30-35 calories per hundred grams, then it can be called diet. But there are carbohydrates in the composition, so even a small portion will give a boost of energy and energy.
- This is an excellent means of preventing avitaminosis, because this berry includes a wide range of minerals, trace elements, vitamins and other nutrients.
- Cloudberry has strong antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that allow you to suppress the activity of pathogenic microorganisms.
- This berry can be used as an effective general tonic during rehabilitation after suffering severe illnesses, as well as with increased loads.
- Vitamin A helps maintain visual acuity and maintain eye health.
- Cloudberry has diaphoretic properties, allowing it to be used to reduce body temperature for colds and other diseases.
- Berry has astringent properties that contribute to the acceleration of wound healing, as well as to stop bleeding.
- Cloudberry has anti-inflammatory effects and can be used for cystitis, pyelonephritis and other diseases.
- The product has a diuretic effect, normalizes the work of the kidneys and reduces the load placed on them, and also prevents the development of edema.
- The berry, thanks to the B vitamins contained in it, normalizes the activity of the nervous system and corrects the metabolic processes.
- Morochka is useful for digestion: it improves appetite, stimulates the production of gastric juice and normalizes peristalsis of the intestinal walls, reducing the risk of constipation.
- Berry can be an excellent adjuvant in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, as it strengthens the heart muscle.
Although cloudberry is very useful, it has contraindications: duodenal ulcers or stomach ulcers, as well as gastritis with an increase in the acidity of the digestive juice. Also this bright berry can cause allergic reactions.
How to use cloudberries?
Cloudberry has been widely used not only in cooking, but also in traditional medicine and even in cosmetology.
Use in cooking
It is best to use cloudberries in fresh form, so you will save all valuable substances and extract the maximum benefit. But also from this berries you can prepare morsels, tasty jams and other desserts. Cloudberries are added to stewed fruit and used as a filling for baking.
In folk medicine, not only cloudberries are used, but also its green parts, such as leaves and stems. On their basis, decoctions, tinctures and infusions are prepared, which are used for various diseases, such as cystitis, gastritis with low acidity, pyelonephritis, atherosclerosis, anemia, urolithiasis, vitamin deficiency and others.
Cloudberries are widely used in cosmetology, as it has anti-aging, toning, nourishing, cleansing and firming properties. Berry improves the color of the skin, gives them elasticity and freshness, removes black spots and eliminates excessive fat. Cloudberries in the form of masks can be applied to the skin of the face and hands. Also, the berry can be part of hair products, because it helps to normalize the work of the sebaceous glands, strengthens and nourishes the hair follicles.
Feel the benefits of cloudberries and eat them as often as possible to improve your health.
Victorian Interior Style
Winter crafts with your own hands: snowflake scrapbooking, how to make step by step
How to celebrate the new year teens
Simple power supply with adjustable voltage
Urticaria in adults and children - symptoms and treatment
22 uses of lemon
LSD hallucinogens, physical effects, psychological effects, hazards
Eclectic - an unusual style for the interior