Secrets of cooking plush dishes from pig tongue
Pork tongue is a rather specific product. But if you know how to cook it properly, it will be tasty and very tender!
How to make the right choice?
To make the language really delicious, you need to select it first. And what should I pay attention to?
- It is advisable to get a fresh or chilled tongue, because after freezing some of its taste can deteriorate.
- You should make a purchase not on spontaneous bazaars or from sellers selling at bus stops, but only in proven places, for example, in official markets or fairs, in large chain stores.
- Pay attention to the weight of the tongue. Normally, it should be about 250-400 grams. If it weighs more, probably the animal was unhealthy, or the product was simply “pumped” with water or something else.
- Carefully study the appearance of the language. It should have a pink tint, as it is covered with a film. The cut will be bright pink.If you notice a white, yellow or purple patina on the surface, this indicates that the pig was sick or died a natural death.
How to prepare?
In general, before cooking any dish, the language is boiled, then it will be tender. In addition, it certainly needs to be cleaned.
The main stages of preparation:
- To make the flesh even more tender, you can first soak your tongue for about two hours in cool water. Salt it is not necessary.
- Next, wash the tongue well. Fat can be removed immediately to reduce calorie. But the skin is removed later. And although some do it right away, firstly, it is much more difficult to remove it from a raw product, and secondly, meat can also be removed with it.
- Now the tongue should be boiled. Boil water, add laurel leaves or seasonings to it, which will give the pulp a pleasant aroma and taste. Salt is not added, it can make meat hard. Immerse your tongue in boiling water and boil it for about an hour or two. The exact cooking time will depend on the age of the animal (the older it is, the longer the product will cook), as well as the size of the tongue.
- In the process of cooking, periodically remove the forming foam, as it may somewhat impair the taste of the finished dish.
- Now the boiled tongue can be cleaned.And that the film was removed without difficulty, for a few minutes, immerse it in cold water. Then make a small incision with a knife and remove the skin.
It should be noted that such a long cooking is not always required. For example, if you plan to bake a tongue, then you need to cook it quite a bit (no more than half an hour). If from the product you will be preparing a salad or snack, then the heat treatment should be prolonged, since pathogens that die at high temperatures can actively reproduce in the pulp.
How to cook?
How to cook pork tongue? It makes a variety of dishes, and some of the most successful are described below.
Surely everyone knows such a dish as aspic, and from the tongue it will turn out especially tasty. For cooking you will need:
- 1 kg of pork tongue (that is, about two or three pieces, depending on the size);
- 1 carrot;
- 1 onion;
- 1 lemon;
- about a teaspoon of salt (change the amount to your liking);
- several bunches of fresh parsley greens;
- 15 grams (about three teaspoons without top) of gelatin.
- First, the language must be thoroughly washed.
- Boil water in a saucepan, and when it boils, immerse the tongue in it.
- Peel the carrots, peel the onion and place the vegetables in the pan.
- Boil the tongue with carrots and onions for about two hours. The foam, which will periodically appear, constantly remove skimmer or spoon.
- Remove the finished products, and strain the broth through the gauze folded several times so that it is perfectly transparent.
- Part of the broth (about half a glass) cool, dissolve in it gelatin. When it swells, mix it with the rest of the liquid, mix everything well so that the gelatin dissolves completely.
- Now we turn to the formation of the dish. Cut the tongue into pieces. Onions are not required, but the carrot, too, must be cut, and preferably with rings. Peel the lemon and cut into small pieces. Parsley needs to be washed and picked or chopped (but not too shallow, it will play the role of a bright decoration).
- Now, in a rather deep bowl, beautifully place lemon slices, tongue, carrot and parsley. Pour it all with broth and put it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Aspic is ready!
Try to cook a delicious tongue in batter, it is very tasty.Here's what you need:
- one boiled tongue;
- one glass of flour;
- two chicken eggs;
- 100 ml of milk or cream;
- about 50 grams of butter;
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Boiled and peeled tongue cut into pieces of medium size. Each salt and pepper, leave for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook your batter. Heat the milk and gently pour it into the flour, while beating it with a mixer or blender. Now you need to melt the butter and also gently enter it into batter. Now break into the eggs, whisk everything thoroughly. Add some salt and pepper. You should have a rather thin batter.
- Heat oil in a pan. Take the first piece of tongue, dip it in a batter and put it in the pan. Also do with other pieces.
- Fry the tongue on each side until golden brown.
The next recipe involves baking the tongue with cheese. To prepare you will need:
- 1 kg of pork tongue;
- 250 grams of any hard cheese (but not too hot);
- 100 grams of breadcrumbs;
- 100 grams of butter;
- salt to taste
How to cook?
- The tongue should be boiled until tender and cut into small pieces.
- Take a baking dish and grease it with a small amount of melted butter.
- Grate cheese and mix it with breadcrumbs.
- Now put half of the sliced pork tongue in the form, sprinkle half of the cheese on top and pour half of the whole volume of melted butter. Next, put another layer of tongue, a layer of cheese with breadcrumbs and re-pour everything with butter.
- Send the form to an oven preheated to about 170 degrees for 20-30 minutes so that the cheese melts and covers with an appetizing crust.
Very tasty salads are made from the tongue, and to prepare one of them, prepare the following ingredients:
- 100 grams of pineapple (can be used canned);
- 100 grams of olives (pitted);
- 3 potatoes;
- 1 boiled tongue;
- 100 grams of hard cheese;
- 3 eggs;
- Boil eggs, peel and cut.
- Language cut into cubes.
- Potatoes need to be cooked in a uniform, peeled and cut.
- Olives can be cut in half.
- Cheese rub on a large grater.
- Pineapple cut into cubes.
- Porrushka wash and chop with a knife.
- Now mix all the ingredients, salt and season with mayonnaise.
Be sure to use the pig tongue for cooking the most delicious dishes!
How to make a title page abstract
Angels from napkins
Dandelion jam and honey with citric acid is a step-by-step recipe with a photo from Alla Kovalchuk. How to use dandelion jam and honey - the benefits and harm
Review of the best creams with hyaluronic acid
Top 10 most expensive films in recent years
Bypassing counterfeit - how to choose original gold jewelry
Christmas decorations made of fabric