Lemon Garlic & Rosemary Roasted Chicken Recipe
Roast Lemon Chicken
roasting chicken or capon
1/2 tsp. Ground black pepper
1 1/4 c. chicken broth
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tbsp. cold water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove giblets and neck from chicken; reserve for another use. Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- From 1 lemon, cut 4 thin round slices. Cut remainder of lemon and second lemon into quarters. With fingertips, separate skin from meat on chicken breast. Place 2 lemon slices under skin of each breast half. Set aside several thyme sprigs for garnish. Place garlic cloves, lemon quarters, and remaining thyme sprigs inside cavity of chicken. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- With chicken breast side up, lift wings up toward neck, then fold wing tips under back of chicken so wings stay in place. Tie legs together with string. Place chicken, breast side up, on rack in medium roasting pan (14" by 10").
- Roast chicken, basting occasionally with pan drippings, 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours. When chicken turns golden brown, cover loosely with tent of foil to prevent overbrowning. Chicken is done when temperature on meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh, next to body, reaches 175 degrees F and juices run clear when thigh is pierced with tip of knife.
- Transfer chicken to warm platter; let stand 15 minutes to set juices for easier carving.
- Meanwhile, prepare gravy: Remove rack from roasting pan. Skim and discard fat from drippings. Add broth to pan, stirring until browned bits are loosened from pan. In cup, blend cornstarch and water. Stir cornstarch mixture into broth. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Heat to boiling over high heat, stirring; boil 1 minute.
- Garnish chicken with reserved thyme sprigs. Serve with gravy. Remove skin from chicken before eating, if desired. Makes 8 main-dish servings.
Nutritional informationis based on one serving with skinEach serving without skin: About 291 calories, 42g protein, 3g carbohydrate, 11g total fat (3g saturated), 125mg cholesterol, 500mg sodium.
Video: Oven Roasted Chicken Thighs with Lemon
Tory Burch Talks Building a Brand, Wellness, and Her Tenth Perfume Just Like Heaven
How to Become a Registered Dietitian
Hadid’s Modeling Reality Show Is On The Way
Tag: Keratin Treatment
Prince Harry wows crowds with his adorable’ singing voice as he attends musical with wife Meghan
Tapenade on Toasts
How to Open a Batting Cage Business
And so, I saw many of the same issues that have plagued the chain for several years
How to Survive Homelessness
What Helps You Stay Positive With MS
How to Choose the Perfect Haircut for Men
Date: 12.12.2018, 16:25 / Views: 43544