Planned pregnancy: all health problems need to be addressed "before"
According to statistics, ten percent of married couples, wanting to have a child, have difficulty conceiving. As far as possible, they are trying to find the reason why this is happening, and then eliminate it in one way or another, to finally get a rosy-cheeked baby! Let's see why a long-awaited pregnancy may not occur. Our consultant is the highest category endocrinologist Angelica Vladislavovna Chizh.
- When planning a pregnancy, a woman should pay attention to her health. Definitely, a gynecologist and an endocrinologist should be consulted if a woman has irregularities in the menstrual cycle, if there are deviations in the nervous system (causeless irritability, decreased performance, if the woman has become more emotional, causeless, etc.).The reasons for contacting a specialist are interruptions in the work of the heart, an increase / decrease in blood pressure, if hair loss on the head has become more pronounced, the skin has become drier. If endocrine pathology is detected, a special treatment is prescribed, against which the situation normalizes and in the future a woman can plan a pregnancy.
- If the patient does not have endocrine problems, all the test results prescribed by the obstetrician-gynecologist are within the normal range - there is no urgent need to undergo an endocrinologist. If in the process of pregnancy comes the threat of termination. Especially if a gynecologist does not find any reasons for this, and if endocrine pathology has been identified according to the results of the analysis, consultation of the endocrinologist is obligatory. Recently, gestational diabetes mellitus, that is, diabetes that has arisen during pregnancy, is often encountered. After delivery, as a rule, the indicator of blood sugar is normalized. But the very occurrence of gestational diabetes mellitus is the first “bell” for a woman that she and the postpartum period may have problems in the form of a violation of carbohydrate metabolism.Such patients we put on record at risk. Some pregnant patients do not know about diabetes mellitus. The disease proceeded in a “mild” form and, before pregnancy, the woman did not pay attention to changes in her well-being: increased fluid intake, frequent urination, and occasional dry mouth. But when the pregnancy came, the symptoms of diabetes mellitus worsened and the results of laboratory tests confirm diaznosis. In such situations, we are talking about the debut of diabetes. Sugar does not return to normal in such patients after delivery. The blood sugar test is very important! When registering, every pregnant woman passes it.
- If within two years when trying to conceive a pregnancy does not occur, a diagnosis of “infertility” is made, but its reasons are established later with a thorough examination by gynecologists or endocrinologists. Endocrinologists can talk about the impossibility of conception in hypothyroidism, when the thyroid gland poorly produces hormones. It is difficult to get pregnant in a situation where there is a malfunction of the adrenal glands. In this case, as a rule, the woman has a violation of the menstrual cycle.If the pregnancy is still a nasty one, in the first trimester there is a high risk of threatened abortion. If the level of the hormone prolactin (produced in the brain) is high, it may indicate the presence of a tumor, then the woman before pregnancy receives treatment to normalize hormonal abnormalities.
Many issues relating to endocrinology are solvable. Therefore, women who want to have a child always say: “Do not despair!” We are preparing a woman for the process of pregnancy, and, I repeat, the problems of endocrinology are fixable, unlike gynecological problems, when infertility takes place, which forces us to recommend IVF to women.
- Yes. The Penza region belongs to those regions of Russia where iodine deficiency is observed, therefore, all pregnant women are recommended to take iodine-containing preparations as prophylaxis. Iodine is a trace element required for the thyroid gland. From its proper function depends on the process of gestation.
- If a pregnant woman has no health problems, she should not neglect such important moments for all people as the day regimen, proper nutrition, and exercise. It should be understood that if the woman was initially overweight, then the weight gain during the period of pregnancy will be, as a rule, higher. A reasonable attitude to nutrition should always be! I would advise overweight women to visit a nutritionist for more detailed nutritional recommendations for pregnancy. Physical activity during pregnancy has not been canceled! Pregnancy is not a disease! There are therapeutic exercises, yoga for pregnant women, swimming lessons, just walking is useful. Be sure to walk in the fresh air. It is very important both for the woman and for the unborn child. Activity during pregnancy is welcome. Restrictions can be when gynecologists "see" the threat of interruption and recommend bed rest.
- The average weight gain during pregnancy is 10–12 kg.An increase in body weight can occur not only due to an increase in fat mass, it can be associated with edema. Questions on weight gain every pregnant woman should discuss with your gynecologist.
- A healthy diet, adequate sleep, being in the open air, physical activity is the key to a good lactation and well-being of a woman after giving birth. Dietitians will advise on nutrition and lifestyle on nutrition and lifestyle.
Examples of interesting hairstyles with a comb
How to draw a cat pencil in stages
Saving space: shelves that can be folded if desired
Useful life-style: unusual ways of using toothpaste
The healing properties of cloudberry
How to improve relationships with stepmother
Leboutik - A Shopaholic Paradise