Lamps for indoor colors: what is needed, how to apply and how to choose
How to determine that plants have a lot of light or little
When the “home garden” receives the required amount of light, all the flowers grow beautiful, with strong and healthy shoots, intensely colored flowers and leaves. Each flower can prompt its owners about the lack of sun.
About poor lighting in the room says the following:
- small leaves;
- slow plant growth;
- thin, long and very soft stems;
- variegated plants change the color of their leaves;
- a significant increase in the distance between leaves on the stems;
- "Modest" formation of flower buds.
Excessive light show:
- withered leaves;
- sunburns (yellow spots first appear on the plant, and then brown);
- "Leaf fall".
When there is an excess of light, plants need to shade.For example, a sheet of newspaper can be placed between a window and a flower.
Types of bulbs for indoor flowers
Lamps for domestic plants differ not only in the principle of work, power and price category. Before you go to the store, you should understand what the lamp will be used for: to illuminate plants in dark, cloudy weather or for aesthetic purposes. In addition, the sensitivity of flora to heat is of great importance when choosing a lamp.
The most popular sources of artificial lighting for flowers among the population are:
- Phytolamps Such lamps form a luminous flux in the red and blue spectrum, which, when mixed, produces a light pink (magenta) shade. It is often not pleasant to the human eye. However, thanks to such lamps, various photochemical processes are activated, which have a beneficial effect on the rate of development of domestic plants.
- Incandescent bulbs. The easiest way to “increase” the lighting is to install an ordinary table lamp next to the pots. Very simple, but not aesthetic solution.A halogen bulb consumes a lot of electricity, its spectrum does not have the desired blue room flora, it produces heat. Such a lamp is quite difficult to place so that the plant is not damaged by high temperature.
- LED lights. Only LED lamps can boast of a long service life (70 thousand hours). Due to their durability and economical power consumption, LEDs are quite popular. The LED mechanism of artificial illumination makes it possible to easily obtain the required spectral range without the use of light filters. These lamps for flowers do not contain mercury and the radiation direction can be changed in them.
- Discharge lamps. They have a flask with a special type of gas. These lamps are divided into:
- sodium, i.e. sodium vapor lamps. They give orange and yellow light. The most common type of lamp are DNaT with a flask in the form of a cylinder. Sodium lamps are used in greenhouses even when a strong light source is needed.
- metal halal lamps filled with mercury, inert gas and various radiating additives. They have a high luminous efficiency in the blue spectrum, which is ideal for seedlings."Metalalogalagenki" stimulate budding, the formation of internodes and early flowering, prevent increased growth and activate vegetation.
- Fluorescent lamps inside are coated with phosphor. Such bulbs are energy saving. As a rule, they are used for lighting, because they have a good light output. The main advantage of LED-lamps is durability.
- mercury-free gas lamps come in daylight (xenon) and orange light (neon). The discharge tube of such lighting fixtures is filled with inert gas.
How to use lamps
Houseplants are best dosachivat from above, because with the lateral additional lighting the stems will be curved. Lamps for light-loving colors should be placed at a distance of 20-30 cm, for shade-tolerant ones - 40-50 cm.
For lighting seedlings suitable height of 5-7 cm.
The appearance of burns on the leaves, indicates a too low placement of lamps. "Pale" plant and elongated shoots indicate a large distance between the light source and flowers.
Lamps should work at least 12 hours a day if the plants are illuminated with artificial light only.When using lamps as additional lighting, for example, in the cold season, their work is enough for 4-5 hours.
Understanding a lot of different highlights is pretty easy. To do this, you only need to study the needs of plants and choose the most suitable lamp for your flower. After installing additional lighting, you can enjoy beautiful and healthy flowers all year round.
San Remo - an interesting place for your holiday
What should be in the refrigerator in different zodiac signs
Elegant collar of a man'
How to cook thin and thick pancakes on whey
Rose from fabric. Simple but spectacular