Crispy, Juicy Oven Fried Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
Juicy Faux Fried Chicken
Serves: 6 | Serving size: 1 chicken breast | Calories: 262 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 121 mg | Sodium: 358 mg | Carbohydrates: 10 g | Dietary fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 0 g | Protein: 42 g| SmartPoints: 4
- 1/2 cup non-fat buttermilk, OR 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice(or vinegar) mixed with (1/2 cup) 1 percent milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 6 medium to large (2 to 2 1/2 pounds) chicken breasts (not boneless), skin removed
- 1 cup flour (we used white whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a wide and shallow bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, mustard, garlic, and hot sauce. Add chicken and flip to coat on both sides.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, paprika, thyme, baking powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place the seasoned flour in a bowl with an airtight lid. Add the chicken 2 pieces at a time and shake with the lid on. Remove the chicken, shake off any excess flour, and place it on the parchment lined baking sheet..
- Coat the top and sides of the chicken with cooking spray or brush with olive oil. Bake the chicken until golden brown and no longer pink in the center, 40 to 50 minutes.
Video: How to Make Easy Oven Fried Chicken
Patient died in place Results from Everyday Health
The Best Brushes For YourHairstyle
How to Trap a Squirrel With Everyday Materials
Tamra Judge Says She Quit The Keto Diet After She Got Sick From It
The Touching Reason This Teens Adoption Photos Are Going Viral
Apple Is Hiring 50 Work-From Home Positions Right Now
How to Make Vanilla Sugar
26 Monochromatic Rooms That Go Hard For One Colour
How to Create a Text Based World With Batch Script