What is useful raspberry leaves?
Speaking of raspberries, many are bright juicy and tasty berries that are so fond of adults and children. And few people realize that a lot of nutrients are contained in raspberry leaves, which have long been used in traditional medicine for a variety of diseases. Find out what products can be prepared, how to use them.
Many useful things are contained not only in raspberry berries, but also in the leaves. They contain tannins, flavonoids, organic acids, cellulose, salicylates, alkaloids, mineral salts, phytoncides, vitamins C, groups B and E, manganese, iodine, magnesium and other useful and valuable substances.
Consider the main beneficial properties of raspberry leaves:
- This is an excellent diaphoretic and antipyretic agent, which allows to normalize the temperature of the body, eliminate feverish states, fever and chills.
- The use of green crimson bushes is indicated for respiratory diseases: bronchitis, laryngitis, tracheitis, pneumonia.The plant stops inflammation, dilutes sputum and removes it from the lungs, with a pronounced expectorant effect.
- The leaves have a powerful antioxidant effect, thanks to which they neutralize the activity of free radicals dangerous for the human body, slow down the processes of aging and oxidation of tissues, and also protect cells from mutations, reducing the risk of cancer.
- Funds based on the considered therapeutic raw materials are often used in gynecology for diseases of the inflammatory nature of the female reproductive system, such as endometritis, adnexitis, oophoritis, and others. In addition, crimson leaves help to strengthen and increase the lining of the uterus - the endometrium, and this increases the chances of pregnancy and reduces the risk of miscarriages in the early stages.
- There is a pronounced immunomodulatory effect, creating a natural protective barrier of the body and providing a timely and effective reflection of attacks of various pathogenic microorganisms.
- Greens have powerful astringent properties that allow stopping diarrhea of any nature, including those caused by intestinal infections.
- Raspberry leaves contribute to the removal of slag and toxic substances from the body, as well as the cleaning of all vital systems and organs.
- The green of the plant has hemostatic properties, therefore it is often used for bleeding, including internal.
- A pronounced anti-inflammatory effect makes effective use in diseases of the oral cavity, throat, gums, tongue: stomatitis, periodontitis, gingivitis, tonsillitis.
- Crimson leaves are widely used in dermatology and cosmetology for the treatment of acne, comedones, various skin diseases (eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, seborrhea). Cosmetics based on this raw material improve the condition of the skin and contribute to the restoration of their structure.
- In some countries, crimson leaves are prescribed to pregnant women before giving birth, since they prepare the muscles of the uterus, contribute to the expansion of the birth canal.
- Means based on the considered useful raw materials have a diuretic effect, stimulate the work of the kidneys and eliminate edema.
Collection and storage
The leaves are best collected from raspberry bushes, when the concentration of nutrients in them reaches its maximum.This occurs during the period of active vegetation, that is, the development of greenery - in late spring and early summer (before the appearance of the berries). Cut large enough, green and juicy leaves. They are laid out evenly and dried under natural conditions in fresh air. Store finished raw materials better in a dark and cool place for 1-1,5 years.
Tip: the best time of day to collect is morning, but not early. So, at about 10 o'clock the dew is already coming off, but there is no scorching and bright sun, therefore the leaves will not be wet or over-dried.
Raspberry leaves are contraindicated in pregnancy, especially in the early stages. You can begin to use them only after 34 weeks and in the absence of the threat of premature birth. There are other contraindications: intestinal obstruction, chronic constipation, pyelonephritis and nephritis, gout, as well as individual hypersensitivity. In any case, before starting the application, consult a specialist to give recommendations and identify possible contraindications.
Important information! Using raspberry leaves to reduce body temperature, it is not necessary to additionally take salicylic acid-based antipyretic drugs.The composition of natural raw materials include salicylates, which have a similar effect, so there is a risk of overdose.
How to take such useful raspberry leaves? There are different recipes:
- Infusion can be applied externally and locally for rubbing with dermatological diseases and for rinsing during inflammatory processes in the mouth and throat. Two large spoons of dried leaves pour one glass of freshly boiled water. Close the container tightly and keep in a warm place for half an hour. Strain the infusion and wipe it with skin or rinse your mouth.
- To prepare for childbirth and treatment of gynecological diseases, tea is suitable. How to brew it? A full tablespoon of dried raw materials pour 300 ml of boiling water. Close the container, wrap in a towel and let the liquid brew for half an hour. Strain the tea, cool and drink twice. Before birth, you should gradually increase the dosage and raise the temperature of the drink. First, drink a glass of cool tea a day, two weeks later, drink two glasses of a warm drink, and two weeks before the birth, start using the remedy three times a day, hot.
- Decoction will cleanse the body, eliminate edema, relieve constipation and stop bleeding. Twenty grams of raw materials, pour 200 milliliters of hot water. Simmer the mixture on low heat for fifteen minutes, then insist half an hour, strain through gauze and drink half the glass three or four times a day (for serious health problems, a single dose increases to a glass).
- To get the tincture, pour a glass of vodka with two tablespoons of crimson leaves. Keep the mixture for two weeks in a closed container in a dark cool place, then strain and take 30 drops, dissolved in water, to strengthen the immune system.
Use the raspberry leaves correctly to extract the maximum benefit from them and improve your health.
Interesting and tasty chanterelle dishes
Relatives: why pay for housing when visiting is cheaper
Slate - a trendy accent in the interior
A young architect turned a public toilet into a cozy nest. The result can be envied
How to choose a good kitchen sink
Blu-ray Disc Player NAD