How to put in place a boss or boss?
What are the chiefs?
Managing people is a complex art that requires a set of certain qualities from a person: self-control, flexibility, ambition, sociability, organization ... the list goes on and on. When work in a team is not glued, it is worth thinking about the competence of a boss.
Destructive managers are the destroyers of the office world and order. You can not cook with them, and you will not decide anything.But the problems are always in abundance.
- Creepy- this is a middle-class goddess. He is a small leader at the errands of a big boss. Today he is pleased with your work, and tomorrow he arranges for you to take offense, having received criticism from the higher leadership.
- Dictator- will not let say a word against. Does not accept criticism, advice, does not hear the wishes. He thinks he knows everything better than you. And even if you are a first-class architect, and he does not distinguish the bearing wall from the non-bearing one, his authoritarian wishes are indisputable.
- Grumpy- his element is uncollected disorganization. He forgets about important meetings, deadlines, assignments, does not control the course of work, breaking into subordinates for his mistakes.
- Sadist- tyrant, who knows all the weaknesses of subordinates. He likes to scoff. Sadist tightly attached to the victim, skillfully comes on sick calluses, humiliating the person. The tyrant has a sadistic love for his subordinates. He cultivates in the team a sense of dependence and slavish obedience, instilling a sense of fear in subordinates.
- Actor- plays a competent specialist. His only goal is to maintain the image, even by humiliating his subordinates.
- Coward- afraid of competition. He is suspicious and tries to prevent the slightest danger. Humbling subordinates, he kills the spirit of rivalry in the team.
- Mentor father, mother director- most of the time the leaders of the paternal type professionally cope with their duties. Manifestations of destructive behavior arise unexpectedly, but soon pass without producing obvious destructive consequences.
Your answer to the boss depends on the causes and forms of inappropriate behavior.
Inappropriate behavior of a manager:
- increased intonation, rough speech,
- ridicule and belittle the dignity of subordinates,
- familiar behavior
- flirting, obscene hints,
- passive-pejorative gestures (humiliation in a veiled form: sarcastic remarks, ambiguous smiles, hints).
These are signs of unprofessionalism. In Russia, the literacy of the manager is poorly developed.
Posts often get the strongest, but not worthy. Assess your strength and capabilities before you join the fight.
The slightest mistake will be your defeat and worsen the situation at work.
How to put the bloated leader in his place?
- Calm. Do not give in to emotions. In the wound state, it is easier to manipulate you. Prepare for the conversation, start in advance. Highlight a couple of minutes, close your eyes. Breathe smoothly: inhale deeply and exhale slowly. Repeat several times. Do not wind yourself before talking. Stay calm, smooth, try not to show emotions. Calm in response to aggression will moderate the ardor of the boss.
- Politeness. When the manager is rude, ask him to justify the reasons for the behavior. Speak in a cool, restrained tone, politely. Show that you are brought up. Uncultured behavior is a sign of low intellectual development. You are above rudeness. In business ethics there is no place for non-professional communication. Politeness and restraint is a sign of courage. Control of emotions means victory over fears. Having mastered yourself, you become an uninteresting toy for the head of a sadist or an actor.
- Talk with eye to eye.Public attacks in the direction of the authorities are fraught with unpleasant consequences. To avoid them, choose a place and time for a conversation with the boss alone. Try to find out what does not suit him in your work.Take a piece of paper, a pen and write it down. If any of the above is not true, ask again. Forcing the chief to repeat the lie, you emphasize the wrongness and wrongness of his actions, arousing conscience.
If the boss is a tyrant, in a personal conversation you can make an attempt to hurt his self-conceit. In this case, there are 2 nuances:
- Insecurity and natural shyness will prevent you from winning a clash. Exodus: tyranny will become tougher.
- You risk bent over. Relations with the boss will spoil completely, and your workplace will be in question.
During the conversation, let's not wipe our feet on ourselves, show the inner core and confidence. Do not give in to provocations. If during a conversation the boss attacks you and engages in a squabble, imagine yourself protected by a glass dome. You are inside, and the boss is outside. His gross and aggressive attacks are reflected from the glass surface without touching you. As you fantasize, the boss will cool down. Start talking when the boss has let out steam and has ended the tirade. Do not interrupt, do not try to shout down to the boss, so you will aggravate the situation.
- Ignoring. Suitable for interacting with superiors who display aggression non-permanently: reptile, sloven, mother director. In their case, negative attacks have a certain cause. Chiefs are people too and they have their weaknesses. The feeling of heightened responsibility, almost fatherly love for the team, makes the father-boss go beyond business communication. Sloppy is aggressive in case of major setbacks. A creepy boss behaves inappropriately after shaking from top management. Such attacks easier to survive, plunging into work, trying not to pay attention to the raging leadership.
- Nonverbal techniques.With dictatorial leaders, methods of verbal influence are powerless. You can bring your dissatisfaction to an authoritarian leader with the help of gestures, facial expressions, gaze, intonation. This method is suitable for employees, especially those who appreciate the workplace. By acting on the subconscious, you will avoid direct confrontation and bypass conflict situations by a party.
Indirect methods of influencing the boss or boss
A person receives about 80% of information in a nonverbal way! If you build a model of behavior correctly, information will firmly consolidate with the boss on a subconscious level.
- Forget about the smile.Do not try to smooth the situation, smiling boss in an awkward moment.
Be serious. Women in communication with men on a subconscious level use a smile to achieve sympathy. In a business relationship, this technique may not work.
Smiling awkwardly, you show softness and provoke an attack, especially a sadist, a dictator and an actor. The unemotional facial expression cools the ardor of the boss.
- Watch your eyes.Look into the eyes of the boss. If it is difficult for you to withstand eye contact, keep a look at the level of the nose. When you lower your eyes, you recognize the power of the interlocutor. On a subconscious level, he feels that you have surrendered and is entering an active offensive.
- Do not lean backin communicating with the chef;
- Do not seek additional supportin the form of a table or chair, when you stand in front of the head;
- Don't shut yourself offfrom him with arms crossed and legs;
- Stop blowing away non-existent specksand remove imaginary dust particles from clothes;
- Remove hands from faceand raise your eyes;
- Consent express discreet single nod;
- Formulate phrases exactlyand answer the questions.
- Do not fuss, trying to get away from the answer. By hiding behind vague phrases, you confess insecurity and weakness.
- Work on clothes.Business style in clothes is a symbol of distance. Formal dress code puts in the head of the head the subconscious framework of communication. Not in vain in large companies, employees are obliged to fulfill mandatory requirements for appearance, the main one being business style clothing.
- Do not pay attention to jokes and provocations.The lack of the expected reaction will disrupt the boss's plans. Go on to discuss business issues, not noticing the sarcasm and inappropriate jokes. This method does not work with the leaders of tyrants. Silence for them is a sign of weakness and fear, which acts on the sadists, like a red rag on a bull.
To cope with the usual non-verbal reactions is difficult, but necessary, if you want to show the boss his place.
When choosing a response method, be guided by your own strength and the character of your boss. The more you take into account individual factors, the more effective your behavior will be.
What can not be done?
- Silently take down public insults.So you risk losing the respect of not only the boss, but also your colleagues.
- Answer rudeness.Roughness breeds new aggression.Do not stoop to the level of cad, respect your dignity.
- Criticize the boss.No boss likes criticism. If your boss is a dictator, you risk deepening the conflict. Condemning the boss in a fit of anger, you provoke a negative outburst at you. A single aggressive lunge will turn into a persistent hostility from the head.
- Humbly ask for forgiveness and take the blame on yourself.So you humiliate your own dignity and untie the hands of a tyrant. You will be held responsible for all incidents in the office. Especially dangerous is this behavior with a sadist and slob. If respect in the team for you does not play a big role, or a dialogue with the boss happens in private, you can take the blame for dealing with a dictator or a coward. Aggressive attacks will stop.
Forewarned is forearmed!
Conflicts with superiors are easier to prevent than to deal with their consequences.
- Achieve a balance of interests.Conflicts with management often arise from misunderstanding. The chief does not seek to explain his position and desires to his subordinates, and the employees tolerate and silently perform vague tasks of the manager.Outcome: dissatisfaction of both sides. Look for benefits for yourself and for your superiors. Find the optimal balance of interests.
- Understand the boss.Take a closer look at the boss. Having studied his habits, requirements, character traits, you can avoid controversial situations and conflicts. Knowing the hidden causes of inappropriate behavior gives you the secret weapon in the fight against the unlawful actions of a superior.
- Adjust the dialogue.People are revealed in communication. Through dialogue, it is possible to convey to a person not only verbal information, but also an internal state. Surely you have seen the staff, able to calm the father-boss in anger or affect the head - slob. It's all about the right approach to communication, and every boss has weaknesses.
- Confidence from the early days.When you get a new job, show your confidence. Sadists and actors avoid clashes with such people. Excessive confidence can unnerve the boss - a coward or a dictator. It depends on the leader how much you can raise the bar of your fearlessness.
You can find a balance of relationships with any boss. Be careful and do not be afraid of leadership.
The perfect couple april: necklace jacket
Rigging and transportation
How to become younger