How To Make A Vegetable Terrine
How to Make Vegetable Terrine
A vegetable terrine is a nice way to use up seasonal pureed vegetables turned into a substantial meal. This can serve as a main course item for a vegetarian meal or as a vegetable serve for other meals. It is usually presented whole at the table and diners cut slices to help themselves from.
1 cup vegetable puree or pulp; whatever is in season
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
2/3 cup milk or vegetable stock (or half and half of each)
3 eggs, large
Grated fresh nutmeg to taste
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF.Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, or use a silicone loaf pan. Boil the kettle for the pan water.
Make a roux.Pour the butter, flour and milk or stock into a saucepan. Add the seasonings. Heat gently and stir constantly to form the roux.
Blend in the 3 eggs, one by one.Mix well.
Add the vegetable puree or pulp.Mix through. Remove from the heat.
Spoon the whole mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
Pour the hot water into the pan that will sit around the loaf pan.Add the loaf pan in the center.
Carefully place the whole arrangement into the oven to cook.Cook for 45 minutes at 180ºC/350ºF.
Remove from the oven.Let stand for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan and place on a serving platter.
Serve.This dish can be served hot or cold. If serving cold, keep in the refrigerator, covered, until needed.
- If serving whole on the table, provide diners with a slicing knife and spatula to transfer the slices to their plates.
- Fresh herbs can also be added to this terrine, to enhance the flavor.
- Vegetables that work well in this dish include pumpkin, carrots, potatoes, spinach, asparagus, parsnip, leeks, etc. While fresh vegetables are best, this dish can also handle aged vegetables––just increase the flavor enhancing seasoning to help carry this off well.
- Terrines have a cyclical popularity in cuisine and they're currently not much in favor. However, a vegetable terrine will always be appreciated as a vegetable or vegetarian dish, as it's very similar to a vegetarian roast and makes a substantial addition to a meal.
- Be very careful when moving the pan of boiling water in and out of the oven. Ensure that nobody is behind or anywhere near you and have a steady pair of hands holding everything. Ensure that there is a flat, heat-resistant surface already cleared to place the dish down on when removing it from the oven.
Video: Food Wars!【食戟之灵】：9 Lives Vegetable Terrine
How to Cite a Book in APA
How to Check a Fever Without a Thermometer
Why Women Cheat
Do You Know Your Hepatitis Risk
4 Pack - E.l.f. Blush Palette Dark 0.56 oz
Estrogens Derived From Horse Urine Linked to Heart Disease Risk
How to Get a Boy to Dance With You and then Kiss You at the End (Middle School)
How to Deter Graffiti
How to Empower Youth
How to Penalize the Unlawful Use of Your Music
Best prickly heat powders available in market
How to Make a Nixta Michelada