How to make a lightcube with your own hands?
If you are professionally engaged in or fond of photography, then lightcube can be useful for you to create original images. Find out why you need it, and learn how to make yourself such an accessory.
What is it?
Lightcube or lightbox from English translates roughly as "light box", "light cube". The device is a space bounded almost from all sides, enclosed by a light fabric and illuminated by local lighting devices. There are no obstacles in front, and the photographer, in front of the lightcube, can take a photo. But there are simplified designs that have only the bottom and back wall.
Why lightcube need? For subject photographs, macro shots, original photographs on a white background, subject or composite photos with miniature objects. The main object is placed in the lightbox, the lighting device is sent directly to it or through the fabric. As a result, the light is either scattered, penetrating the material from the outside, or practically does not go out due to the limited space.Focus focuses on the subject, which in the photo is particularly clear.
Tip! Laitcube is useful to people who sell or manufacture small accessories. They probably upload photos to the Internet for advertising, and the lightbox will make the pictures more vivid and attractive to potential buyers.
Manufacture at home
How to make an inexpensive do-it-yourself lightcube? There are many variations for beginners who do not understand anything in plumbing, as well as experienced people with skills in using some tools. But below are two simple options that everyone can handle.
If the lightbox is needed quickly, then use this method. First, prepare everything you need:
- plastic container with transparent walls (they should not be patterns, protrusions and other parts);
- a large sheet of paper or roll;
- white is not very dense fabric;
- all-purpose adhesive;
- three small light bulbs with clamps.
- Everything is very simple. Take the container and fill it with a cloth or paper. If the item is small,and you will shoot it from one angle from the front, then there is enough paper that just needs to cover the bottom and one of the wide sides (or two sides for softer and more diffused lighting). Secure the material for reliability.
- If you want to photograph objects from different angles, then you need to wrap the entire inside of the container with a white cloth, gluing it to the walls with universal glue. But it is desirable to fix the material around the edges so that traces of adhesive on transparent parts are not noticeable and do not spoil the photo.
- Lay the finished container on its side so that it lies along, that is, on the wide side. Fasten two bulbs with clips on the sides of the structure, and one on top. For a picture from one angle, in principle, one of the top light sources is enough.
- Turn on the devices and start shooting!
This lightcube is also quite simple. It will take this:
Process of creation:
- At the box, cut off the flaps so that they do not interfere.
- Now you need to cut the walls, stepping back along the edges of one or two centimeters. To make the cuts even and neat, measure the distance with a ruler and draw the lines with a pencil.Guide the stationery knife or sharp scissors along the contours created.
- Cover the box with paper or cloth from the inside, fixing it on the remaining edges with a stapler. But the brackets must be on the outside so that they do not fall into the frame when shooting. Instead, you can use the buttons or even high-quality all-purpose adhesive.
- It remains to arrange the lights on the sides and on top and start shooting. Lamps can be put on other small boxes located on both sides of the fixture. That might be enough. For bright and clear pictures, place one source on top, fixing it on the box itself (but it should be strong enough for such a load).
Tips for beginners and professional photographers
Finally, a few practical recommendations that will make the pictures even more vivid, high-quality and original:
- Use only matte materials without embossed patterns for trimming a lightcube. Gloss will reflect the rays of light, not letting them in from the outside or creating glare when it hits the surface. A complex texture distorts the lighting.
- Try to experiment and use not white fabric, but materials of other shades.
- You can shoot objects not from the front, but from above, by putting the lightbox with the open window up and sitting with the camera above it.
- Decide in advance on the size of the device to fit any objects that you prefer to photograph.
- It is better not to use the flash when shooting, light and so should be enough.
You can make bright and clear pictures at home with your own hands. But this will require a special device - a light cube. And now you can make it yourself.
The brazier and the gazebo-did it for the first time in my life
Useful properties of oil needles
Named the most popular products in Russia
Than to seal a hole in the slate
When the body asks for help: 15 important signals
Dresses Spring 2014
9 reasons why you should not throw out bags of silica gel
LSD hallucinogens, physical effects, psychological effects, hazards