How To Make The Perfect Grilled Cheese Sandwich
How to Make a Great Grilled Cheese for Kids
Make a simpler grilled cheese for your toddler!
- Spread a layer of butter or margarine on one side of each piece of bread.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat.
- When the pan is hot, place a slice of bread — buttered side down — into the skillet and then place the cheese on the bread. Top with the other slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Flip the sandwich with a spatula after it turns golden brown, usually after about 2 minutes. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Use a pizza cutter, knife or kitchen shears to cut the sandwich into for your toddler.
Ingredient Variations and Substitutions
You can use any type of cheese that melts easily and you can add thinly sliced or grated veggies or lunch meat to the sandwich to add more nutritional value.
Cooking and Serving Tips
Use a cast iron skillet. Everything tastes better when cooked in cast iron, and you'll notice a difference.
- Thoroughly coat the entire surface of the bread with butter, olive oil, etc. so it cooks evenly.
- Be patient. Keep the heat low so the bread turns golden brown and the cheese melts perfectly.
- Consider your cheese-to-bread ratio to avoid biting into a chunk of just bread. A sandwich made with two thick, hearty slices of whole grain bread will probably require more cheese than one made with thin slices of white bread.
- Grated cheese melts faster than slices of cheese.
- Be creative. A basic grilled cheese is delicious, but it's also the foundation for the sandwich of your dreams. Instead of American cheese, try mozzarella or gruyere. Instead of white bread, opt for pita.
- Brown the bread in a small skillet and cook the sandwich open-faced in the oven at 400 degrees so the cheese turns brown and bubbles. Put the two slices together and you have a delicious oven-baked grilled cheese.
Video: You're Doing It All Wrong - How to Make a Grilled Cheese Sandwich
How to Wear the Biggest Jewelry Trend of Spring ’17 RightNow
Slow Cooker Chicken with Mushroom Gravy
How to Become a TV Studio Floor Manager
How to Register for NicoVideo
Tried And True DIY Cure From Tired Muscles
Take It Easy: 8 Sex Positions for LazyMornings
50 Easy Summer Salads That Aren’t EpicallyBoring
Lodoxamide Ophthalmic Reviews
How to Survive a Dust Storm or Sandstorm
Naphazoline Zinc Ophthalmic
Staying Connected with the Kids from Long Distance
Sparkly and Fun Race Gear
If youre a cord cutter
Denise Austins 7 Tips For Burning Calories During Your Commute
What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Dyslexia