How to make a ceiling of gypsum board yourself
Finishing the ceiling is an important stage of repair in the room, and the result depends on the material. Today in the decoration of the premises is drywall, which helps to bring to life design ideas of varying degrees of complexity. Let's take a look at how to make a drywall ceiling with your own hands and take a look at step-by-step instructions.
From the title of the article it is clear that the basis is gypsum - the oldest building material, which hardens on contact with water. As a result, the hardening composition is shaped.
The properties of drywall help designers to realize the ideas that previously could not be realized through traditional materials, including fittings, brick and cement. It helps to create structures and align the surface. It is allowed to put tile on it.
Advantages and disadvantages of drywall
Drywall is a finishing material of sheet type, consisting of a gypsum core, a cardboard casing and fillers.To make the material dense, fiberglass and reinforcing substances are added to the composition.
- Drywall - environmentally friendly material. It is safe for the environment, excellent sound insulation properties, thanks to which it is suitable for the construction of interior partitions.
- Sheets endowed with energy-saving properties and "breathe". The material is simply created for rooms with dry air, as it improves the microclimate.
- Attention deserves the excellent plasticity. It is easy to make a cozy niche, suspended ceiling, an intricately shaped partition and any element of the design of the room from drywall.
- Low weight. Drywall is suitable for use in cases where conventional brickwork is unacceptable.
- Plasterboard - a means for leveling surfaces. Previously, tons of plaster and time was used to level the surfaces. Today, to achieve the result will help a few sheets of drywall.
- Drywall is easy to install. The task will cope even layman. The average man under the force to build a structure from a material that will change the interior.
The list of material advantages is decent.But there are no ideal things and drywall is not without flaws.
- The first drawback of drywall is fragility. It is recommended to transport carefully, and to store in horizontal position. If sheets of plasterboard are stored upright, they will be arched.
- Absorbs moisture, which causes inconvenience. After delivery, the drywall is left to rest in order to get rid of excess moisture and become usable.
- Installation of drywall construction reduces the volume of the room. Sheets are mounted on a frame of metal profiles.
There are many professional builders who will name a number of shortcomings. I believe that the technique of "dry construction" deserves attention, and disadvantages do not affect popularity.
How to make a two-level ceiling of plasterboard
If the height of the room exceeds 2.5 meters, boldly make a multi-level ceiling from gipsokartonnyh sheets.
I propose the simplest step-by-step instruction to get acquainted with the technique of building a multi-level ceiling structure. After receiving additional information and experience, you can create complex masterpieces.
Step number 1 - Layout and construction of the frame
- First of all make the markup. From the bottom point of the ceiling, recede three centimeters and mark. Using the water level, place the tags in the corners of the room.
- By means of a thread with a dye, beat off the line of the carcass. An important stage, because the result depends on it. It is enough to be mistaken, and the finished design will be far from ideal.
- Determine the direction of the drywall sheets. Having decided the question, draw stripes on the ceiling in half a meter. This will help a thread with a dye. Then proceed to the construction of the frame.
- Metal frameworks CD and UD are provided for the frame.. At the perimeter of the room, fix the profile UD, guided by the orientation line. If the profile is without fastening holes, drill the wall through the profile. The distance between the mounts - fifty centimeters. If the ceilings are made of concrete, use a perforator or impact drill to drill holes.
- Fix the profile to the wall with hollow plugsdiameter of six millimeters and screws. To attach the frame elements to the main ceiling, use flared dowels. Conventional dowels do not fit, they will collapse into voids, which are many in concrete ceiling slabs.
- Attach suspensions along the lines broken on the ceiling surface., considering the listed requirements to fixing systems. Suspension should be at a distance of sixty centimeters from each other. If you want to get a reliable design, do not neglect the numbers.
- Install CD profiles under suspensions.by inserting the ends into the UD profile. Pull the thread under the skeleton for leveling. As the CD profiles sag, pull up with medium suspensions, bending the ears.
- It remains to connect the structural elementsusing special screws of small size. The result is a flat horizontal plane. Then proceed to the installation of drywall.
Step number 2 - Installation of drywall
- Twist gipsokartonnye sheets to the frame I advise together, otherwise spoil the material. For this purpose metal screws are provided. The distance between the screws - thirty centimeters. Screw the screws so that the head does not protrude, but does not break through the cardboard.
- The next step involves the construction of the second level. On the finished plasterboard design draw the contours of the second level.
- Then bend the profile UW 75. On its walls make cuts at the same distance.Screw the profile with screws to the first level of the ceiling, using the drawn line as a guide.
- Screw the UD profile to the wall, insert the CD profiles between it and the UW profile, and use screws to connect the elements. If the length of the profile on which drywall is fixed exceeds 50 cm, reinforce it with an additional suspension. Now attach the drywall, and cut the excess with a hacksaw.
- It will remain to establish a vertical strip. Cut a piece of a suitable size from the drywall sheet, and make cuts from the back side through a small distance. Secure the element with screws.
Using tips and step-by-step instructions, make a chic two-level plasterboard ceiling decorated with figures at home. In a similar way, the ceiling can be equipped with a third level. It all depends on preferences and wishes.
Ceiling of gypsum cardboard with backlighting
Drywall helps to realize the design ideas. People who choose the classics of plasterboard can create a traditional “flat” ceiling, and connoisseurs of originality - a multi-level ceiling structure, complemented by transitions, bends and lighting.
Manufacturing technology for complex structures with illumination provides for building up an additional level over the base ceiling system.
Consider the advantages of this design.
- The design is simple. Screws are twisted into the ceiling of drywall, and the need to drill holes in concrete slabs is absent.
- Work with bends is performed on the sides of the box. This eliminates the likelihood of inconsistencies with the boundaries.
- The technique allows you to create steps, sleeves and islets. The person engaged in the arrangement of the ceiling, has ample opportunities for creativity.
The installation consists of several stages, each of which is important. This is the preparation of the base, making the frame, making a niche for lighting equipment, electrical and decorative works.
Take out small furniture from the room before installation. If it is impossible to move to another place, cover it with a film or thick cloth.
The vacated space will facilitate unhindered installation. While working indoors dusty. If you do not plan to change the wallpaper, also close them with a film.
Step-by-step action plan
- Correctly calculate the height of the second level. During calculations, be sure to consider the size of communications and lighting equipment. After the perimeter install guide profile.
- To get a curved box, prepare a flexible profile.. Shelves guide profile carefully cut. As a result, the back will be flexible. To make the radius smooth, make cuts as close as possible to each other.
- On the ceiling draw curved markings.. Oval - the favorite figure of designers. However, you can give the shape you want.
- After completing the partitioning to the ceiling, attach a curved profile. Mount through a sheet of drywall. This is not easy, since the CD profile is covered with finishing material. But there is a trick - to help find a magnet.
- Prepare a drywall stripcorresponding to the size of the steps. Moisten the sheet evenly with water and gently roll with a spiked roller. After acquiring plasticity, attach to the side of the profile.
- Use self-tapping screws to connect the end ends of the rim.. Wait for the finish to dry. It will take twelve hours.While drywall is drying, prepare another flexible profile.
- The next day, attach the second profile to the bottom of the board.. As a result, you get two profiles, between which insert the profiles of the CD. They will serve as the basis for additional level plating.
Installation of the first level was not considered, because this technique is no different from the one described at the beginning of the article. The ceiling is ready. Now it's time to think about lighting.
The wiring and lighting equipment is the main stage of installation works. The arrangement of the luminaires and the type should be considered in the process of creating sketches of the ceiling. It is useful to find out where these or other lighting elements are sold.
A few years ago at the peak of popularity was neon lights. Now at the height of popularity LED tape. Having determined in advance with the type of lighting, you will correctly select the height of the step.
It is customary to hang a chandelier in the center of the room. Open spaces and perimeter of the ceiling are allocated to spotlights and hidden illumination. Often, designers refuse to use the chandelier, because it is not easy to fit into the picture of the interior.
During the installation process, observe the following rules and remember that a mistake will lead to consequences that carry a potential threat to health and life.
- Twisting the wires in inaccessible points is prohibited.
- Do not connect copper wires with aluminum.
- The switch must open the phase.
- To protect the wires under the ceiling is used corrugation. The cables should be kept as far as possible from the screws.
- If you plan to create a complex lighting system, draw an independent line from the panel and set up a machine.
At first glance, the instruction seems complicated. Dont be upset. If you seriously get down to business, an attempt to create a beautiful ceiling will be crowned with success.
Making a ceiling of plasterboard in a wooden house
People who bought or built a wooden house, believe that there will be no difficulties with the arrangement. In reality, the opposite is true when it comes to the ceiling. Crate and installation of drywall - simple work, but working with wood has features.
Wood is a moving material that can be displaced, covered with cracks and crevices. Wood is susceptible to temperature changes and high humidity.In such conditions, it swells or shrinks, from which the ceiling suffers - cracks appear between the sheets of drywall.
To avoid problems, I advise you to get acquainted with the secrets of mounting the ceiling in a wooden house and learn the features of fixing sheets. With the help of recommendations, build a flat ceiling in the house, which will please the appearance.
- First examine the ceiling and find the bottom point. Dropping down a few centimeters, draw a line around the perimeter of the room through the level. Thanks to the layout you will make an even frame. Before arranging the crates pay attention to waterproofing.
- The frame is made of wood or metal profiles. It is necessary to build a wall-independent construction to avoid deformation of the ceiling during shrinkage or drying out of the house.
- Fix wooden blocks perpendicular to the beams after forty centimeters. This is enough to secure the drywall.
- In the case of a metal profile, the perpendicularity of the attachment is maintained, but the distance between the elements is allowed to increase by twenty centimeters. Then insert the guide profile into the end faces.It is not attached to the wall, the ceiling is independent of the walls.
- Wires sticking out of the ceiling, the design does not paint. Make the wiring before mounting the gypsum boards.
- Consider prematurely how to equip the ceiling. As a result, determine the place of mounting of the chandelier and the installation points of the lamps. To each place in advance, lead the wires protected by a corrugated pipe.
- Lay drywall sheets in a checkerboard pattern. The edge of the canvas should fall on the center of the profile. This will help secure the sheets with self-tapping screws and a screwdriver.
- I recommend to tighten the screws in fifteen centimeters. Such a step will create a strong ceiling. While fixing the sheets, make sure that the screw head goes deeper into the sheet by about a millimeter.
There is a mistaken view that drywall needs to be strengthened. This is a waste of money. Good frame and secure mounting sheets abound.
Upon completion of the repair, sit down comfortably in an easy chair, drink tequila and admire the new ceiling. Guests who glance at the light will envy.
In conclusion, I will give a little attention to the final surface finish.We are talking about puttying and finishing the ceiling structure. If the joints between the drywall are small, apply a reinforcing tape and putty. To make the ceiling durable, I recommend a little work.
Using a carpenter's knife, cut the seams. The width is half a centimeter, and the bevel angles are 45 degrees. Apply elastic putty and reinforcing fabric. Place an extra layer over the ribbon. When the putty dries, it remains to clean the seams and paint the ceiling.
I will add that in the repair at home there is no impossible things. You will quickly learn the technique of creating ceilings. Study the information and apply the knowledge in practice. Strive for the best and everything will turn out.
The most stylish and beautiful swimsuits in 2015 (21 photos)
Make-up after 40 years
Stylish ideas for a photo shoot in the snow
Getting fire from an empty lighter
What is the best way to wear a green dress (19 photos)
What if your child falls in love
How to attract money to business
Perfect and unique wedding manicure of the bride (8 photos)