How to improve memory and attention in adults - drugs, exercises, methods
Let's talk about how to improve memory and attention in adults at home. I think many people notice that they do not remember the information, phone numbers, dates of birth of relatives or the names of friends. Often the memory fails at the wrong time.
Human memory is characterized by unlimited volume. It is represented by an incredible number of cells for storing information. Only people do not know how to use them, but memory and attention, like muscle mass, can be exercised.
Before you share the subtleties of improving memory, consider the reason for which it is deteriorating.
- Cancer and craniocerebral injuries contribute to memory impairment. These consequences lead to brain damage.
- Often memory affects the deterioration of the performance of other vital organs.
- The list of adverse factors includes poor sleep, constant stressful situations, depression, an abrupt change in lifestyle, and high brain loads.
- Memory problems appear in people who drink alcohol, take drugs or smoke. Often, memory impairment is a consequence of taking sedative drugs.
- Age changes.
Human memory is a fragile thing. Wrong lifestyle in conjunction with other factors has a huge impact on the state of memory. What to say about old age, when the work of all body systems changes.
Folk remedies to improve memory and attention
The problem of forgetfulness and distraction is faced by many, regardless of age. To solve it, I recommend using the recipes of traditional medicine. They will help restore memory and improve attention without the help of pharmaceutical preparations.
- Marshland root.A teaspoon of raw material is ground into a powder and taken for half an hour before a meal, washed down with tea. The duration of the treatment course is a month. After one decade, the powder takes another two weeks, then take a break for 10 months and repeat the course.The tool is not recommended to take with inflammatory diseases and renal failure.
- Elecampane.Spoon of chopped root pour 500 ml of vodka and insist month. A filtered medicine is taken on a spoon three times a day for one month. No more than one course per year. In pregnancy and heart disease, it is better not to take the medicine.
- Rowan bark.A glass of water is poured over a tablespoon of raw materials and boiled for 10 minutes. After 6 hours, filter the broth and take it three times a day for 30 days. After six months, the course is repeated. In the list of contraindications increased blood clotting and pregnancy.
- Clover.A half-liter jar is filled with raw material and poured with vodka to the top. For two weeks, the medicine is kept in a cool, dark place, after which, before bedtime, a spoonful of 20 days is taken. After two decades of recess, the course is repeated. The tool eliminates tinnitus, normalizes intracranial pressure and has a positive effect on the brain. Not recommended for heart failure and pregnancy.
- Mint and Sage.A spoonful of mint and sage leaves pour 500 ml of boiling water and leave until morning.Take an infusion of 50 ml for half an hour before a meal for two weeks. After a month's pause, the course is repeated. Infusion improves performance and improves brain function.
- Pine buds.A spoonful of pine buds is poured with a glass of boiling water and boiled over a small fire for 10 minutes. Drink homemade medicine three times a day, two spoons after a meal.
- Mixture of healing herbs.First, grind 1 spoon of oregano, 4 spoons of bergenia and 3 spoons of raspberry leaves. Spoon the resulting mixture pour 500 ml of water and boil for 10 minutes. After 2 hours, the drug is filtered. They take medicine for two decades twice a year. The tool is not recommended for pregnant women and people with diseases of the stomach.
Aromatherapy has a beneficial effect on memory and attention. To improve sleep and normalize brain function, it is recommended to put a collection of juniper, cedar and eucalyptus in the bedroom. There is an option for the workplace. It is a mixture of laurel, eucalyptus, coriander and cloves in a linen bag.
Simple ways to improve memory and attention
Technologies are rapidly developing and help people keep everything under control and remember everything. But in everyday life it is impossible to do without memory and attention.It helps to realize in work, study and other fields of activity, but often fails. Consider simple ways and effective exercises to improve memory and attention.
- "Unloading" of the brain.Do not remember events that are not important. In this issue will help organizer or diary. The brain should be able to rest, but little things hinder it.
- Reading.Involves visual and motor memory. In addition, the work of the brain departments, which are responsible for logic, abstraction and association, is activated.
- Physical activity.With an active lifestyle, cells release more mitochondria, which have a beneficial effect on memory and attention.
- "Blind" walking.Neutrophin is a substance secreted by the brain that determines its vital activity. Performing habitual actions with a blindfold accelerates the release of a substance, which contributes to the development of memory.
- Good dream.During sleep, the brain filters the information received during the day and decides what to keep in memory. At the same time, the level of memory depends on the duration of the continuous night rest phase.
- Crosswords.A simple and exciting exercise trains the brain. Finding a good crossword in our time is easy and simple.
- Hobby.An important role in the development of memory is played by new interests. Take up the search for new hobbies.
- No cigarettes.The smoker’s memory is 30% worse than that of a non-smoker. The refusal of the bad habit will contribute to the restoration of lost memory abilities, and in the form of a bonus will save health.
An incredible effect on the state of memory has an acupuncture massage. It activates blood circulation, which has a positive effect on the body.The procedure I recommend to entrust the specialist. He knows which points to influence correctly.
Drugs to improve memory and brain function
I present to your attention the pharmaceutical preparations, the reception of which improves memory and normalizes the brain.
Remember, this is a review material. Only the doctor can choose the right medicine.
Pharmacies offer a variety of tools to improve memory. Some of them are in the free market, others are sold exclusively by prescription. Consider several options from each category.
- Glycine.The most popular tool in Russia for emotional stress, high nervous excitement and stress. The drug improves mental performance and attention. Take Glycine one tablet three times a day. Side effects are an allergic reaction.
- Bilobil.The drug is prescribed to people with sleep problems or impaired intellectual abilities. The drug improves blood circulation and promotes saturation of the brain with oxygen. Drink the capsule three times a day throughout the quarter. The list of side effects is insomnia, itching, redness, headache. Patients younger than 18 years of age are contraindicated.
- Ginko Biloba.The drug is recommended for distraction, forgetfulness, dizziness and sleep problems. The drug improves metabolism and provides antihypoxic effect. They recommend drinking the capsule twice a day for 2 months. The tool is contraindicated for pregnant women and children. The drug may cause an allergic reaction.
- Nootropil.The drug improves memory, concentration and has no psychostimulating effect. Babies under 3 years old are not recommended for the drug.Children give with dyslexia. It is applied in accordance with the recommendations of the doctor. Side effects include irritability, nervousness, a surge in sexual activity, and abdominal pain.
- Picalon.Long-term medication improves mental ability and attention, reduces anxiety, normalizes sleep. Recommend to people with mental illness. Take 60 mg per day for 2 months. Pregnant medicine is contraindicated. May cause renal failure.
- Cerebrolysin.The drug minimizes the effects on the body of glutamate. Assign with coronary disease and hyperactivity in children. Take 60 mg per day for two months. Side effects in the form of insomnia, loss of appetite, burning at the point of injection rarely occur.
Ways to improve memory after 50 and after 60 years
For many people in old age, their memory deteriorates and attention disappears.This is due to the age-related decline in brain activity. Aging is impossible to stop, but to maintain the clarity of the mind to a great old age under the power of each.
How can this be achieved? For normal brain function, good blood circulation is required, so it is recommended to exercise regularly and keep the muscles of the body in tone.
Scientists have proven that the work of the brain is strongly affected by nutrition. They advise older people to include in the diet foods saturated with omega-3. These substances are rich in fish. It is also recommended to use blueberry juice. Antioxidants, which are part of the drink, have a beneficial effect on the brain.
Equally important is glucose, which is necessary for normal memory operation. Since with age it is more difficult to absorb this component from food, doctors advise taking special medications.
What else is needed to improve memory and attention in old age at home?
- Uniform load on the brain.Solving crossword puzzles, solving logical problems, learning foreign languages is not a complete list of activities that force the brain to function.Any activity involving the processing of large amounts of information is useful for memory.
- Recreation.Regardless of your activity, regularly make short breaks. So the brain often switches between activities, which has a positive effect on its functions.
- Quiet life.Stress and anxiety burn nerve cells, as a result, attention decreases and memory deteriorates. The body of an elderly person perceives as stress even chronic lack of sleep. Get enough sleep to rest your brain.
- Using the organizer.This thing is incredibly useful in old age. Any store will offer notebooks in the range. A simple device unloads the head and helps plan things and fix important dates and events.
- Reading.When reading, visual memory works in tandem with the motor memory. Additionally, abstract, associative and logical thinking is activated. To really improve the memory, it is recommended to read with retelling, paying attention to the description of the characters of the characters and their habits.
- Memorizing verses by heart.In terms of improving memory, this simple exercise is incredible.effective regardless of age. Learn by heart the work of your favorite poet and train your memory at the same time.
- Music.Classes with music have a positive effect on the brain. In old age, it is recommended to sing, learn to play musical instruments, or combine both classes. Memorizing notes and texts along with regular rehearsals loads the brain and trains memory.
- Psychology.Positive installations help in any business. Older people are highly susceptible to depression, which has a bad effect on memory. Therefore, always tune in to the positive. Even if youth is long gone, it does not mean that life is over.
Regardless of age, I recommend mastering mnemonics. Techniques to simplify memorization through associations or the replacement of facts and objects with familiar concepts and concepts will bring many benefits.
How to train memory in adults - effective exercises
I have already said that memory, in the likeness of muscles, is easy to train. If a person regularly visits the gym, his figure becomes slim and proportionate. With memory and attention in the same way.
The exercises that I will discuss below are effective for adults and adolescents.
- Focusing on the details.The person does not remember all the information, because the brain focuses on important points. At the same time, geniuses remember any little things that develop memory. This will help a simple exercise. Place 10 small objects on the table and carefully examine them for ten seconds. Then turn away and describe each object as quickly as possible.
- Visualization.An assistant will be required to complete the exercise. Put on a blindfold, and let the assistant slowly read the description of the pictures. Try to visualize what you hear step by step. Alternatively, write down the description of the pictures on a sheet of paper in accordance with the order in which they were read.
- Reading out loud.Reading out loud will help strengthen the auditory memory. Every day, read aloud for 15 minutes excerpts from your favorite works, and then recount the information heard in detail. Noticeable results will appear after two weeks of daily training.
- Matches and visual memory.Scatter 5 matches on a horizontal surface, look at the resulting picture for a minute, remember the location of each match. Turn around and repair the composition.To increase the level of difficulty, increase the number of matches used.
- Learning words.Write a dozen words on a piece of paper. For 20 seconds, try to remember these words. Turn the leaf over and write down the words you remember. To complicate the exercise, I recommend increasing the number of words or replacing them with numbers.
As you can see, the exercises are incredibly simple. I hope with their help you will make your memory perfect and become an example for the younger generations. See you!
Potato sticks with cheese
Characteristic of Virgo zodiac sign: what are the features of their character
Basic rules of communication with any people
A young architect turned a public toilet into a cozy nest. The result can be envied
How to clean the water heater from scale and scale