How to deal with allergies to poplar fluff?
Allergy sufferers have a very hard time, especially if it is difficult or impossible to limit contact with potential allergens. For example, reactions to poplar fluff are extremely unpleasant and require treatment.
How does an allergy develop?
Any reactions to allergens, including components of poplar fluff, develop according to one scenario. When the substance enters the body (in this case through the upper respiratory tract during breathing), the immune system begins to develop antibodies that perceive "uninvited guests" as foreign bodies and in every way try to destroy them and remove them. A whole chain of reactions and processes that affect the functioning of the body systems, especially those directly in contact with allergens, is triggered. The histamine, a mediator of inflammation that affects vessels, muscle and soft tissues, is released.
In case of allergy to poplar fluff, the main cause of development of undesirable reactions are the seeds of this plant, surrounded by fine fine silky fibers forming a kind of fluffy cotton wool.Pooh usually appears at the end of May or early June, but since it first ripens and then separates from the plant and spreads over the growing areas of the poplars, allergy sufferers have a very hard time. Complicating the situation and the fact that these trees grow almost everywhere.
Allergic reactions can be observed in both children and adults, often they occur during adolescence. But if the allergy manifested itself, then it will most likely occur again and again during the ripening of poplar seeds. Cure it completely impossible, but you can negate the manifestations and live a full normal life.
The main symptoms of allergy to poplar fluff are:
- On the part of the nose: frequent and severe sneezing, tingling, itching, thinning or inflammation of the mucous membranes of the nasal sinuses, copious flow (usually with liquid clear secretions), congestion.
- On the part of the respiratory tract: sore throat, cough (usually dry, irritating, paroxysmal, arising from direct contact with down), difficulty in breathing (inability to take full breaths and breaths, shortness of breath due to tissue swelling).
- From the eyes: allergic conjunctivitis, accompanied by severe lacrimation, reddening of the mucous membranes of the eyeballs, eyelid edema, itching, cutting.
- From the skin: hyperemia, dryness, redness, swelling, itching, flaking. Such manifestations occur during contact of the down with the epidermis.
- General signs: malaise, apathy, decreased efficiency, weakness, worsening mood, depression, fatigue, increased nervous excitability, loss of strength, headaches due to lack of oxygen.
As a rule, allergic reactions have characteristic manifestations, so they are easy to distinguish from other diseases. And to determine the specific allergen will allow seasonality and frequency of symptoms. The reaction to poplar fluff occurs during the ripening and falloff of the seeds of these trees - from late May to around mid-June.
If difficulties or doubts arise, diagnostic tests can be prescribed. Complete blood count will show an increase in eosinophil count. Blood tests are also performed for specific antibodies and immunoglobulin E.Conducted skin tests to identify reactions after contact with allergens.
How to treat allergy to poplar fluff?
What to do if an allergy to poplar fluff interferes with normal life and enjoy life in the most pleasant period? Treatment should be comprehensive and timely, it is sometimes necessary to start it long before the seeds of the trees mature, in order to have time to prepare the body and minimize undesirable reactions.
In medicine, there are the following areas of therapy for allergies:
- Taking antihistamines inside allows you to reduce the appearance of allergies. It is advisable to choose the latest generation of modern drugs, quickly coping with their tasks and do not cause side effects. These include “Zodak”, “Erius”, “Telfax”, “Suprastinex”.
- With nasal congestion, vasoconstricting drops may be prescribed, but should not be used frequently and for a period exceeding five days. Also eliminate the unpleasant symptoms of local funds belonging to the category Cromon. For severe allergies, a specialist may recommend hormone preparations based on glucocorticosteroids.
- For obvious and discomforting skin manifestations, you can use ointments, gels and creams with antihistamines, regenerating, softening components, for example, “Fenistil”, “Bepanten”. In case of a complicated course, in extreme cases, hormonal preparations are prescribed, but, as a rule, allergy to down has no pronounced symptoms affecting the epidermis.
- To cleanse the body of toxins and allergens are recommended products from the category of sorbents, which will facilitate and reduce the manifestations that bring discomfort.
- Modern and highly effective method - allergen-specific immunotherapy. It involves the use of individually selected and developed preparations containing allergens, the sensitivity to which was found in the patient (in this particular case, these are components of poplar fluff). They are diluted and applied to small scratches made on the skin. Thus, the body is in contact with allergens, but their number is negligible, and the reactions do not develop at all or remain local, localized and mild. Gradually, the dosage and concentration of funds increase, so that the body trains and learns to contact with allergens, while maintaining a stable state.Therapy should begin in advance: the course should be completed a month and a half before the period of the spread of fluff.
- Experts do not recommend active use of folk remedies, as plants and herbs themselves can act as allergens, cause or intensify reactions. But if the body reacts normally (this can be determined by trial and error), then decoctions or infusions of dandelion, dogrose, hawthorn, and mumiyo are allowed.
Minimize the risks of manifestations of allergic reactions and prevent their symptoms will allow timely and comprehensive prevention, involving the observance of several rules:
- Limit any contact with the allergen, that is, poplar fluff. You can not completely exclude them, but you can minimize them. To do this, if possible, do not walk on hot, dry and windy days, in which the down quickly spreads and soars in the air. It is better to take walks on rainy days, especially after the precipitation, which nail the seeds of the poplars to the ground and make their fibers wet.
- When driving, close windows, including car air conditioning.
- At home, close all windows with nets so that the down does not get into the rooms. And it’s better to open the windows less frequently during its distribution, replacing the ventilation with the inclusion of an air conditioner or split-system.
- Regularly do in the apartment or house wet cleaning. If poplars grow near your dwelling, then it is advisable to wash the floors and wipe the dust daily.
- Coming from the street in the "dangerous" period, immediately wash your face, but rather take a shower in order to wash off all the particles of fluff that fell on the body. To cleanse possible allergens of the nasal cavity, use saline or physiological solutions.
- Change clothes every day, as down will inevitably fall on them. In addition, all things should be spacious and made from natural materials.
- Try to drink more: the liquid helps to purify the body and remove allergens and toxins.
- Eat properly and preferably follow a sparing diet, eliminating from the diet all potentially dangerous products that can enhance the reaction and complicate the course of allergies.
- Split system or air conditioner supply the filter, replace it regularly.
- Wear hats and, if possible, closed clothing to reduce contact with allergens. So, a hat with a wide brim at least partially protects your face.
The allergy to poplar fluff in a child or adult is extremely unpleasant, and sometimes dangerous. But you can live and cope with it, if you follow some rules.
Only 5 people can answer 5 of 5 questions in this test
Lazy dumplings from cottage cheese. It turns out so delicious, as if my grandmother was cooking
Relationship with a married man - do they have a continuation
Congratulations and pictures of Mother'
Vatican is an unusual and interesting place for tourism
Thick Yarn Mat
Potato sticks with cheese