How to choose the right skis: cross-country, ridge, mountain, roller skis
The quality of winter holidays depends on the ski. We will talk in our article about how to choose cross-country skis and skis for skating, and you will be able to put this knowledge into practice.
There is an opinion that summer provides more opportunities in the field of entertainment and sports. Far from it. In winter, snowboards, skis and skates are popular. What is better than a walk through the winter forest on good skiing?
Skis provide a pleasant pastime, contribute to the improvement of the heart and bring the figure into a tonus.
Choosing a cross-country skiing
As you know, skiing is a popular means of conducting winter holidays. Many gladly go on them for a walk in the forest or mountains. Rest leaves a pleasant impression, if you choose the right cross-country skiing.
The modern market offers these types of skis: mountain, cross-country, sports, amateur, extreme and hunting.
- Classic style. Provides for parallel movement on the track. Use soft models with a long and sharp end.
- Free or skate. It consists in repelling skis from snow on the principle of skates. Provides the use of hard varieties.
- Universal style. It is popular among people who like to ride a classic and skating style.
- Skis are made of natural wood or plastic. The cost of wooden copies is much lower, but they are rarely found on the shelves of sports shops.
- Plastic do not need lubrication and better travel on the snow-covered surface. They are safer, lighter, and last longer.
- Finding a size is not difficult. In the sports shops there are special tables for height and size.
- Be sure to pay attention to stiffness. Before buying, get on the skis and try to reach under them a piece of paper. If it went smoothly - tough. If not, they are soft.
Finally, I will pay a little attention to the choice of shoes. If you are a fan of classical style, buy low boots with a soft sole.Ridge style provides tight and high boots.
Choosing skating for skating
Let's imagine that you decide to master skiing. First of all choose a style of riding. Ridge style began to gain popularity at the end of the last century.
In skating style, they are repelled from the snow track by the inner side of the skis, while the track itself is wide and tamped.
Riding skis differ from the classic equivalent shorter length and more blunt toe. The center of gravity is slightly offset.
- If you like skiing, pay attention to the models of medium and low hardness. Rigid models have two significant drawbacks - slip and spring at the push.
- Stiffness must match the weight of the skier. If a person is heavy, you need to buy tougher skis or lose weight slightly.
- It is necessary to strive to ensure that the ridge skis and poles correspond to the growth.
- It is extremely important to pick up shoes. Footwear for the ridge course possesses some features. Modern ridge boots are high-tech footwear, the development of which takes into account high mechanical loads, extreme weather conditions, the anatomical features of the human foot.
- The final touch is the selection of fixtures that exist automatic and mechanical. It is better to buy automatic mounts, as they make preparation for skating faster and more comfortable.
If you have already mastered the classic skating, you can safely switch to the ridge style. It is more fascinating and perfect.
Choosing the right ski
Modern people spend Christmas holidays in different ways. Some go to the sea, the second prefer the forest, the third like a trip to the country, the fourth like a winter holiday on skiing.
- Having visited a specialized shop, inform the consultant about your skill level. Otherwise, he will pick up skis, guided by your preferences and anthropometric data.
- If you are a beginner or amateur, take a look at the standard models. They are focused on driving at low and medium speeds.
- Remember, the right choice depends not only on the level and style of riding, but also on the physique of the athlete. If you have an average weight, buy skiing, which is 10 cm shorter than height.
- If you have extensive experience in the field of mountain skiing, but the weight exceeds the norm, skis with longitudinal rigidity will be the best solution.
- Before buying, decide on the place of riding.Riding on ordinary slopes is significantly different from skiing on big mountains.
- If you want to ride on different slopes and mountains, buy universal models.
- People with a high level of driving are much easier to choose. The range of choice in this case is much wider.
- Want to take turns with a large slope, buy a shortened skis. If you expect riding on virgin soil, you can safely buy a longer model.
The development uses advanced technologies that are focused on improving manageability. However, if you are a beginner, learn to ride with a trainer. Always put health and safety to the fore.
How to choose a ski roller
Riding on a roller ski reminds skiing. Not surprisingly, this kind of physical activity is perfect for winter sports fans. In addition, skiing is more useful than walking with canes or cycling.
The modern sports equipment market offers the widest selection of roller skis. If a professional can easily select the optimal model, the beginner athlete is much more difficult.Roller skis are divided into two classes. The first class is represented by models focused on classic and skating, the representatives of the second class are training and racing models.
It is impossible to call such a division absolute, because the market is crowded with combined models. However, the development of the underlying characteristics of roller skis comes from the listed subspecies.
Let's talk about the choice.
- Training rollers must ensure the maximum compliance with the ski run. Such units in most cases have moderators. These devices reduce the speed to the speed of the skis.
- It is better if the skis are equipped with wheels made of soft material. They provide good grip and reduce vibration. The frame of the training model simulates the deflection of the skis.
- There are other requirements for racing scooters. They must have a minimum weight and provide maximum speed. Other characteristics play a minor role. Such models are equipped with large polyurethane wheels and a short rigid frame.
- Classic roller skaters should have a ratchet,responsible for locking the reverse rotation of the wheels. Such models are characterized by an elongated frame and wider wheels.
- The structure includes three components - fasteners, wheels and frame. The last element is responsible for the transfer of force from the legs to the wheels. The main characteristics of the frame are length, weight and stiffness. The longer the frame, the more stable the rollers.
Choosing ski child
Some parents believe that skiing is a waste of time. This opinion is superficial and erroneous. Skiing strengthens the cardiovascular system, develops the vestibular apparatus, hardens the children's body.
- It is necessary to take into account the height, weight and age of the child. At first, it is enough to buy an ordinary children's model.
- It is better to buy your kid ski from natural wood. Domestic products are cheaper than European ones, but the quality is lower.
- During the selection, make sure that your favorite model has notches. They prevent rollback.
- For the first time, do not give your child sticks, as they will harm the ease of riding. If you do decide to buy them, make sure that the tip was of high quality, the reliability of the support depends on it.
- With age, the views and tastes of the children change. Consult with him and get his opinion.
Buy "for growth" is not recommended.
How to choose skis for growth
During the selection the main thing is not to be mistaken. First of all, it is recommended to select, guided by growth. After take into account the level of training.
- If you can not boast of strong physical training, subtract from the growth of about 20 centimeters. As a result, you get the best indicator of the length of the ski.
- If you constantly train, and the level of training is high, take away about 10 centimeters from height.
- If you are not riding the first time and are confident in your abilities, purchase a model whose length corresponds to your height.
- It's better if you try out different sizes of skis in practice. This will allow you to choose the optimal model.
- In addition to the length you need to pay attention to the width. If you intend to ride on a flat track, buy wide skis, characterized by high stability.
- If you are going to ride on the ice or on a hard track, narrow skis will be the best solution. They are more maneuverable and lighter than wide counterparts.
- Regarding rigidity, I want to say that during the selection you need to be guided by the level of training. If it is high, you can safely buy hard skis.
It’s not so easy for a complete beginner to choose good skis. Without knowing the subtleties, he will simply buy the first model he likes, which will not please a comfortable ride.
Finally, I will say, even if a lot of money, but no intention to build a career in skiing, do not buy professional models. Sure, they look gorgeous, and the quality deserves attention. But, such expenses are unfounded for non-professionals. In addition, lack of experience can cause them to quickly fail. However, this is just my advice.
Now you know how to choose a ski. Guided by advice, no matter what type of skiing you like, you will buy excellent skis, which, if properly used, maintained and stored, will last a long time.
The perfect couple april: necklace jacket
The child draws strange drawings: what does it mean
25 of the strangest superstitions from around the world
Angels from napkins
Than to seal a hole in the slate
Features cooking this gin
Free and helpful workout ideas