Features of rest in the emirate of Sharjah
If you want to see and learn the United Arab Emirates from the other side and fully immerse yourself in the real Arab culture, such as it should be in the correct understanding, then you should go to the emirate of Sharjah. But first, find out some of the nuances of such a trip to avoid difficulties.
What is Sharjah?
Sharjah is the emirate of the UAE, which, in fact, is the complete opposite of Dubai. It is not intended for pleasure tourist trips, but, having arrived here, you can learn the Arab culture and get to know it better.
This is the real cultural capital of the state, in which many sights and interesting places. And here everything is different: the girls walk along the streets with almost completely closed faces, all behave correctly and calmly.
Sharjah is located almost next to Dubai, the border is only a road junction, divided in fact into two parts. By the way, in the event of a traffic accident, police officers of both emirates will arrive at the scene of the accident.Sharjah includes several exclaves such as Khorfakkan, Kalba and Dibba Al-Izn.
The climate of Sharjah is rather mild, and for this, tourists love this Emirate very much. So, in winter, the temperature usually does not fall below 10-15 degrees, even at night. But in summer it can be unbearably hot, sometimes a thermometer shows 40 degrees, and it is in the shade! So if you decide to go here in the warm season, be careful and hike in the morning or evening to avoid sun or heat stroke.
How to get there?
Getting to Sharjah is easier, faster and more convenient than anything, of course, on an airplane. The international airport of this emirate is located just 15 minutes from the center, and regular minibuses run to the city, but if you wish, you can use the services of taxi drivers, although this trip will cost more.
Where to stay?
Sharjah hotels are always welcome, and since the UAE is considered to be the richest country, rest in which any tourist will seem chic, most of them belong to the category of 5 stars. But it is worth noting that in terms of the number of tourist accommodation places, this emirate lags significantly behind Dubai.
Only about 10 hotels are located on the Persian Gulf, three - on the shore of Khaled Bay, the rest are located in the city, which is not very convenient, because the beaches have to somehow get.
Surprisingly, in Sharjah there is no public transport, and it is not needed, since all residents are wealthy and move mostly by private cars or by taxi. And you will have to follow their example: rent a car (but not everyone can afford it) or use the services of taxi drivers. By the way, there are no counters in the cars, so always discuss the cost of the trip in advance so as not to deceive you.
How here to behave?
If you decide to visit Sharjah, then first learn some rules of behavior in this Emirate, since their non-observance may be punishable. Here are the most basic ones:
- Pay special attention to your appearance, namely clothing. She should be as modest as all Arab women. Knees and shoulders should be closed, especially for the fairer sex. In addition, sports or beachwear is considered a bad form.
- In public places, which include a taxi, it is forbidden to kiss and, in general, somehow show their feelings.
- Drinking alcohol in any public place is strictly prohibited. They can be consumed only in restaurants or bars, that is, where they are served.
- In no case do not flirt with the locals, but rather, in general, do not talk with them and do not even look at them, as this can be perceived as an attempt to take liberties. The morality police are working here and for any violation of moral norms they can simply send you out of the country.
- If the tourist decides to take a photo, he should be extremely careful and circumspect. It would seem, what's wrong with that? But photographing women is strictly prohibited. Men can only be removed after their formal consent. Shooting in public places (including restaurants or shops) is allowed only with the consent of the manager.
- Smoking in public places is strictly prohibited. It is very serious about the health of the local population.
What's so interesting?
What to see on holiday in Sharjah?
- On the embankment of Al-Majaz is a unique musical fountain, whose height is as much as one hundred meters. This is an amazing sight!
- Al-Bouheira Embankment is practically the main artery of the capital of the emirate and one of the most popular places among tourists.
- Listing the attractions, we can not fail to mention the park Al-Majaz. It's amazingly beautiful here!
- If you want to get acquainted with the local fauna, then be sure to go to the park of the desert of Sharjah.
- The old city of Sharjah is the most beautiful place of the emirate, in which you can see it as it was several centuries ago.
- Sharjah Aquarium is also very popular among tourists, because in this place many species of underwater inhabitants are collected.
- Mega Mall is a giant shopping center, in which there is, perhaps, everything a tourist needs.
- Fort Al-Hisn is a majestic ancient fortress, the most vivid cultural and historical landmark of the emirate.
- The mosque of King Faisal is huge and magnificent.
- The Monument to Progress is an unusual monument and a symbol of the fact that the emirate is always striving for perfection and continues to evolve, keeping pace with the times.
What is there to do?
What can you do in Sharjah? An interesting vacation is guaranteed, if only because it is incredibly beautiful here, because this is an Arabic flavor, mixed with chic, wealth and the latest trends in architecture and design.
- HikingJust stroll through the streets, it's very beautiful. But remember the rules of behavior: do not look at passers-by too frankly.
- Shopping To buy souvenirs, it is better to go to busy shopping places, such as the Iranian market, the Golden Market, Sharjah Central Market, Al-Fahd Street, Jamal Abdul-Nasser and so on.
- Be sure to visit one of the local mosques, they are very beautiful!
- Try local specialties in one of the restaurants or cafes.
- Go on an excursion, it definitely will be fascinating.
- Visit one of the Sharjah parks.
- Go to the museum to learn the culture and history of the emirate even better.
Now rest in Sharjah will give you a lot of pleasant emotions!
Oh, if Ivan: Irina Shayk visiting Urgant
Hair Accessories: Beads and Beads
Features and advantages of the new Guardian Factor line doors