Disinfection of water in the well: features of the disinfection procedure
The use of wells as sources of water for various purposes is most common in the private sector. They, as a rule, are not used only for household needs, but are also used for drinking or watering gardening. Accordingly, the well must contain water that is clean in every sense, which can be drunk by a person. Especially if such a source is on shared use and is available for several families. In order for the water in the artificial source to remain suitable for all spheres of use, it is necessary to disinfect it regularly. In this matter, it is not necessary to wait until the first premise appears in the form of an unpleasant smell or a dull color. Previously, the disinfection of street wells was carried out by the state institution "Sanitary-Epidemiological Station" consistently 1 time per year.Now they have no compulsory treatment, you can only hand over water from your source for analysis and purchase the necessary tablets to clean it yourself. There are only other ways to self-disinfect, which will bring less harm and will be no less effective.
When disinfection is inevitable
The procedure of water purification in the well must necessarily be carried out with regularity once a year, even if there is no visible reason for this. But there are a number of situations in which it is necessary to disinfect water in an artificial source as soon as possible. These include:
- Dust and debris entering the well.
- Active operation of the well, leading to soil subsidence
- Chemicals entering the well.
- Flooding in the spring or penetration of wastewater or groundwater.
- Getting into the well of dirty objects, dead animals or birds.
Experts in the field of water treatment believe that prophylactic disinfection should be carried out 2 times a year during certain periods. This is springtime after the floods and early autumn.
Danger of dirty water
Water pollution entails serious consequences in the form of plant contamination by diseases when watering from a well. Health hazards are particularly dangerous. They may appear due to the use of polluted water. The muddy environment in the well is the main source of reproduction of dangerous microbes. That is why the well must have proper shelter and be tightly closed from foreign particles of dust, dirt and foreign objects. Even with all the necessary measures to isolate the well, preventive cleaning of the source is necessary. The quality of water and its safety for people, animals and plants directly depend on this. Timely disinfection of water will also extend the performance of household appliances.
The process of water disinfection requires not only the observance of certain rules, but also the conduct of preparatory measures. The peculiarity of this procedure is that the quality and accuracy of its implementation depends on how suitable the water in the well will be for use.
Preparation for disinfection should be carried out immediately before the treatment itself is carried out. Preliminary measures include:
- Cleaning up trash floating on the surface. These are foreign objects, foliage, branches and so on.
- Pumping water from the well. Even if it is not enough, the source should be drained. It is possible to turn on the pump for pumping only when there is no large garbage in the water, because not all industrial pumps can pass large foreign particles through the filter, let alone household ones.
- Inspection of the bottom and walls of the well. A thorough review is needed to identify cracks, leaks, plaque, mold or mucus. Each of these factors can be important. Groundwater may be released from cracks or leaks into an artificial source, and mucus or mold requires the use of an additional disinfectant.
- Elimination of identified defects in the well: smearing cracks and leaks with a special solution, cleaning the walls and bottom of the well from sludge and other deposits.
What may be required
The following tools and tools may be required for preliminary work:
- Iron brush.
- Spatulas of different shapes.
- Bottom filling. As far as possible, it is necessary to remove the old bottom filling and place a new one from the bottom.
- Crushed stone fines.
Particular attention should be paid to the fact that it is categorically impossible to use claydite as a bottom bed due to its high level of toxicity when in water.
It is impossible to say in advance which remedy will help to remove plaque from the walls of the well, because here the choice of remedy depends on the nature of the plaque. How he can be:
- Salt coating requires the use of products with an acid component. This may be a solution with a weak concentration of hydrochloric or acetic acid.
- Rust is removed without the use of chemicals using grinders and a jackhammer. After cleaning, the surface of the well wall is treated with an anti-corrosion solution.
- To combat mold in the wells there is an old proven tool - copper sulfate. Treating the walls with this substance will protect them for a long time against the reappearance of mold.
What is disinfection
The disinfection itself should be carried out only after cleaning the walls and bottom of the well shaft from dirt and debris. If you just pour disinfectant into the water, it will not get rid of the main problem. It is precisely because of the presence of dirt, plaque or mold in the well that water becomes unusable. Disinfection is carried out with the use of special tools.To say that there is one universal and effective composition is impossible. Each of the substances used fights well with certain bacteria and has a chemical basis. Choosing such a tool should be remembered that it should have a certain physical effect:
1. Eliminate pathogenic microbes, preventing their further reproduction.
2. Do not affect the safety of the walls of the well.
3. Easy to wash off.
The most popular compounds can be called:
- Bleach + lime: bleach.
- Ready composition "White".
- A solution of manganese.
- Iodine solution.
- Chlorine tablets.
- Ultrasonic or ultraviolet devices for water purification.
Applying such tools it is necessary to strictly follow the instructions for their use and dilute them clearly in the proportions specified by the manufacturer or by experts. Here one should not act according to the principle: "the more, the better." In this case, increasing the dosage of a chemical can only aggravate the situation and lead to poisoning of people.
Tableted products are not just thrown into the well, they must first be dissolved in a bucket of water and poured into the mine in the form of a liquid solution.
How effective is the use of UV-instruments for disinfecting water in wells? Experts have not yet come to a common opinion. In case the well is used not only for agricultural and technical needs, it is better to be safe and process it with more proven means.
It is impossible to disinfect the well without the use of chemicals. They may be required for cleaning the walls of the mine, and for the treatment of the water itself. Therefore, during and after the procedure, certain precautions should be taken to avoid injury to health.
First of all, it is necessary to do the treatment with rubber gloves, to prevent the ingress of dust, dirt and chemicals on the skin. The end of treatment does not mean that you can drink water right away. During the first 24 hours after disinfection, the well cannot be used at all. Even the next day, water is recommended to first pump out completely and wait until the mine is filled with new. Even in this case, the first time should not drink such water, as the smell and the presence of a minimum amount of chlorine will be present anyway.
Using water for the next 10 days, you must filter or boil it.This applies not only to drinking, but also applying to animals or watering the garden. The only thing that does not harm such water is household appliances.
After 10 days have passed from the moment of treatment, it is recommended to hand over the water from the well for analysis to make sure that the decontamination has been carried out correctly and that it does not endanger life and health.
What the beginner soapmaker needs
The trend for the fall: the decoration in the Italian style
How to return to clean the toilet and bathroom
How to become bold and decisive
9 cool telegram channels about beauty, which you should subscribe to
GTA: how to play on the network
How to reduce calves on legs for girls