How To Get FASTER Results At The Gym | 5 Fitness SECRETS!
5 Ways To Get Faster Results From Strength Training
Some days, getting to the gym can feel like climbing Mount Everest. Which is why when you walk through the double-doors and finally put your mind to your workout, you want it to really count, right? Right. The secret? Even after adopting a workout that combines both cardio and strength training, it's what you do outside of the gym that can really make a difference.
"The real boost from strength training comes after you leave the gym," says Holly Perkins, CSCS, author of the new book . "Your body starts the repair and recovery process."
MORE: A Woman's Guide to Strength Training for Beginners
Ready to really commit to making a difference in your muscle tone (and the way you feel)? Perkins suggests these five tips for speeding up your strength gains:
- Eat a small meal or snack as soon as you can after your workout. Make it a combination of fast-digesting protein and carbohydrates. Try some chocolate whey protein powder stirred into milk, dates with some banana and nut butter, or an apple and string cheese.
- Be sure to eat something every 3 to 4 hours after your workouts. Eat meals and snacks containing a balance of protein, fat, and carbohydrates.
- Stay active during the days in between your strength workouts. Active recovery improves bloodflow, which promotes healing. Taking a brisk walk or a casual bike ride, foam rolling, or just splashing around in a pool are all good options.
- Find some stress management tools that work for you. The stress hormone cortisol is catabolic, meaning it eats away at muscle and strength. Protect your hard-earned strength by de-stressing with mindful meditation, deep breathing, yoga, reading, art, or music.
- Focus on getting better-quality sleep.Go to bed earlier; keep your room dark and cool.
Video: 5 Proven Ways to Build Muscle (5x Faster)
Your Friends Holiday Spam Can Really Give You Jetlag
Is Avandia Safe
8 Wedding Seating Chart Ideas for Your Reception Layout
The Wheelchair Kamikaze Conquers New Yorks Mean Streets
Safe Countries For Solo Female Travellers in Hindi
Easy Easter ideas to decorate your home
26 Red Hot Looks (Literally)
Intermittent Fasting: Health Benefits and Side Effects of Living in a Fasted State
Is It Safe to Take Expired Vitamins
Crispy Thai-Spiced Chicken Recipe
Why walking makes you feel positive
7 Tricks to Ensure Your Handbags Will Last for Years
How to Find Motivation to Exercise
Keep Reading: Dads-to-be often feel left out, but theres really plenty they can do to help their partners