10 most gigantic fish in the world
Sea depths hide from their eyes their interesting and unusual inhabitants, which can surprise not only with their bizarre shapes or colors, but also simply fantastic sizes!
No wonder there is a perception that man knows much more about the surface of the moon than about the bottom of the sea, because even representatives are found in its waters, about which practically nothing is known, who knows what kind of monsters can be hidden from our eyes under a thick blue water?
Today we will talk about the biggest fish in the world known to mankind. Most people, if you ask them which of the fish is the biggest, will respond without hesitation: well, of course, the whale! And this will be wrong, because the whale and fish have never been, it refers to mammals. And then who?
As it turned out, all the palms of the championship went to the most terrible and toothed predators, sharks, although other types of underwater inhabitants are able to make a worthy competition for them. Well, let's understand.
1. Whale shark.Without a doubt, she is the representative of the largest species not only of sharks, but of all fish. The largest instance of such a “fish”, which was measured and documented, totaled about 14 m in length!
Although, according to scientists, it is possible that there are representatives of this family, whose length can reach 20 m in length, however, there is no official confirmation of this theory. The weight of the whale shark can vary in the range of 10-12 tons, which is also a very impressive figure.
Noteworthy is the fact that, despite its giant size, it poses no danger to humans, because it feeds only on plankton and small organisms. Just the opposite, for many divers, it's a real happiness to meet such a representative of shark: you can safely touch it and even ride on a huge back.
2. Giant shark.In second place in our top 10 is also a shark and, interestingly, also not dangerous for humans. The average length of such a huge object is about 9 m, and the mass is about 9 tons. According to unconfirmed data, there can be individuals one and a half times longer, respectively, and a large weight.
It can occur in all oceans, but only in temperate latitudes. It feeds on plankton, in which it helps a huge mouth, through which it swallows everything necessary for nutrition.
3. Manta.For its unusual appearance, this fish has received another name - a giant sea devil. The largest individuals can reach 7 m in width and weigh about 2.5 tons. Like the two previous leaders, it is not a predator, but, thanks to the special structure of its mouth apparatus, it feeds on small fish and plankton. Pregnancy of such a fish lasts about a year, and, as a result, one or, more rarely, two babies appear on the light.
4. Great White Shark.And again they, only now we met the most aggressive predator, it was she who, by the way, is the main monster in the famous movie “Jaws”. It can reach 6 m in length, but, despite its impressive size, it is fast and agile, unlike the same whale shark.
It is this species that is really dangerous for humans, since it is the white shark that according to statistics makes the greatest number of attacks among other underwater predators.
5. The Beluga.The next in our ranking is the fish listed in the Red Book, since it was not fortunate enough to have extremely valuable and tasty caviar.Belongs to the family of sturgeon, can reach a length of 6 m, and by weight - up to 1.5 tons. This is one of the ocean fish, which for the period of spawning comes into freshwater rivers, so it can be safely called the largest representative of freshwater fish. Life expectancy is also impressive - about 100 years.
6. Blue marlin.Perhaps one of the most beautiful large fish in the world, can reach up to 5 m in length with its impressive spear. Often becomes the object of sports or industrial fishing. Marlin carries his spear not only for the sake of decoration, but uses it for food: it stuns its victims with it, crashing at full speed into the school of schooling fish, and then quietly returns to enjoy prey.
7. MoonfishIt was not by accident that it received its unusual name, namely due to its shape: its body is flattened from two sides, therefore, outwardly this fish resembles a large disk. The size of such a huge object is also amazing, reaching up to 4 m in length with a weight of 2.2 tons!
Because of its shape, it is clumsy and slow, it does not pose any danger for a person. By the way, it has another tacit name - “round fool”, because such a large body weight accounts for only about 4 kg of brains.
8. tiger shark. This storm of the seas, is a great danger for lovers of swimming near the Hawaiian Islands, Florida, the Caribbean and many others. Aggressive and voracious, she attacks almost everyone who is smaller than her in size, sometimes she does not even shrink from her own brethren. Length - about 5-6 m with a weight of 1.5 tons.
9. The Mako Shark.Another aggressive representative of sharks, the largest specimen reached 4.45 m in length. Fearless and dexterous, it often enters the coastal zone, which makes it very dangerous for humans. Able to accelerate to 40 km / h, which contributes to its ideal streamlined shape.
10. Som ordinary.It is another representative of the largest freshwater fish, in length can reach 4-5 meters, is a rather active nocturnal predator. Some very large individuals may hunt birds and small animals, there are also unconfirmed stories of attacks on humans.
To concede to no one at home is also harmful
How to reduce the size of the photo
Lady Gaga is getting married
Wood leftovers help transform a room
Very strange things and another 4 atmospheric series for autumn evenings
6 brands of swimsuits that are worth paying attention to
How not to turn family life into hell